Verizon's New Ad Campaign Tries To Convince Customers They Don't Want Unlimited Data

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So... We'd have to pay for the network upgrade to handle increased traffic... Um... Hmmmm.. They make billions and have tax breaks... So they pay hardly anything... They've raised their rates... They screw you on your bull any chance they get... If you don't catch it.. They sure won't.. They've all but eliminated unlimited lines... They've sold off the majority of their structures as far as towers are concerned and now they lease from companies and make their lives hell... Because said companies are having to make sure their "lights" are in a row.... Long story...

But they think we wouldn't want the network to be able to hold up to full saturation from a large group of users?? Sorry .. I can't think.. I haz the dumbz... I'm taking a nap..

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Tmobile convinced me that I need unlimited data while lowering my bill. I pay less now for unlimited than I did when I was on their 10GB plan.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Their shenanigans haven't fooled me....I'll continue utilizing their unlimited plan until they cease it altogether. Full retail....no problem....it simply takes a little longer to save for my next device. I've had the same bill for the past 3+ years, so they can talk smack all they want....I'm getting the last laugh.
Or I could've simply drank too much of their kool aid, it's hard to say at this point. Regardless, I'm happy with what I have despite their idiocy.

"Verizon, your very own BiPolar cell provider.
Their slogan is: "We do what we can. No we don't! Yes we do. NO, we don't! Yes....oh nevermind, just give us your money!"

(Not to make light of that disease)

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. I have 4 unlimited lines... I'm not giving em up either

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I hardly ever went over 4-5gb when everyone had unlimited data. Now that I'm one of the last remaining grandfathered plans, I use 20 to 30gb just because I'm getting my monies worth.

Verizon should offer unlimited again but throttle. T-Mobile doesn't throttle and their towers aren't as built up as vzw. When vzw gets rid of my data plan, I go to a much cheaper provider... Cough T-Mobile cough.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Glad I've moved on. I haven't had any bad dealings with AT&T yet, but I've heard stories. I do love my Nexus 6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Here's what BLOWS MY MIND: Wife has Unlimited Data.
Current bill with tax is roughly $73/month. She RARELY goes over 2 GB. The last time it came time for her to get a phone, VZW offered her 2GB for $96/mo. That's right...they want to INCREASE the bill and give her a limit. So I can save a few bucks on a phone? So we could get a $200 phone AND pay $552 in increased monthly fees over 2 years ($23/mo X 24 months) for a total of $752. OR we could buy a phone for $600 and only pay $73/mo for data saving $152 and having unlimited data. And that's for 24 months. Every month beyond 24 is an extra $23 in my pocket.
How exactly is this enticing us?
You know what I did, right?
Yep, we signed that contract.... because we haz the dumbz, too!!!
(No...we did not)
;)