OK, we're down to the wire: Choose Unlimited Data, or Flagship Phone?

xrpb11a

Reaction score
One reason i don't use much data is at home i use a nook color tablet, rooted with CM7, to surf and email...at work i use my computer....so the phone only gets used for data if i'm not at home or work...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If i really needed the unlimited data, i'd go with the S3 for now, with option to sell down the line for razr HD.

one other thing, with the bigger screen is the S3 physically bigger? I'm not sure i want to go much larger than my current droidX...without double checking, I think the RazrHD will be a little smaller overall than the S3....

Razr Maxx:
5.15 x 2.71 x 0.35 (130.7 x 68.9 x 8.99 mm)

GSIII:
5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 (136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm)

The GSIII is obviously taller by almost 1/4" and wider by 1/16". Just a click thinner though. The width is what would make it easier or harder to handle. But I don't think 1/16" will make that much of a difference. I actually like how they fit a much larger screen in a not much bigger package.

Now comparing the GSIII and Maxx to the DX.

DX:
5.02 x 2.58 x 0.39 (127.5 x 65.5 x 9.9 mm)

The GSII is 3/8" taller and 3/16" wider than the DX and the Maxx is 3/32" taller and just under 1/8" wider than the DX. The DX is thicker than both of them.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
uhhh. one major thing about the galaxy....bigger screen...smaller battery = 1 day usage max...

droid HD will have min 2 days usage between charges. if you forget to plug in one day with razr HD, no problemo....

S3 will be DOA after 1 day with no plugin...

That is a very generous estimate on the HD but not entirely accurate. With normal network use I can get a max of two days on a single charge with my Maxx. And that is pushing it and using airplane mode during the day when not in use. Heavy all day users may get a full day and half of the next day. Now wifi is a different story. I have been out of work on short term disability so mine has been on wifi the majority of the time. I have gone almost 4 days on a single charge when using nothing but wifi. That was with like 8 hours of screen on time.

xrpb11a

Reaction score
That is a very generous estimate on the HD but not entirely accurate. With normal network use I can get a max of two days on a single charge with my Maxx. And that is pushing it and using airplane mode during the day when not in use. Heavy all day users may get a full day and half of the next day. Now wifi is a different story. I have been out of work on short term disability so mine has been on wifi the majority of the time. I have gone almost 4 days on a single charge when using nothing but wifi. That was with like 8 hours of screen on time.

that was based on my droidx usage. i get one full day on a full charge with my normal use....