Verizon's lack of optical reader??

DevonM

Reaction score
I only noticed not having the option on the keyboard pullout menu, I didn't investigate further. Why wouldn't it be on there?

I'm getting kind of sick of this ****. Maybe once Google Fiber takes off they'll start a Wireless division too and we won't have to deal with these overly expensive carriers pulling all this crap anymore.

kbatrph

Reaction score
What exactly is the optical reader? I've seen where Verizon didn't include it....what does it do and is there a way to get it somewhere?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What exactly is the optical reader? I've seen where Verizon didn't include it....what does it do and is there a way to get it somewhere?
I *think* this is it.

How to use S Translator and the Optical Reader on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 | TalkAndroid.com

(Jump to 5:50)

[video=youtube;Z59Rb3uAdCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z59Rb3uAdCg[/video]

EDIT: OMG sorry to be a food snob but the guy chose a Mexican/Spanish restaurant that serves Italian dishes -- what a dumb example to test a text translator. LOL

NOTE to the OP: definitely not impressed with the TalkAndroid demo -- I'm sure there are MUCH better options out there. If not Google yet, then soon I'm sure.

-Matt

Last edited:

Kack

Reaction score
I think he said it was a pizza place and the menu was in spanish. Not a mexican place serving italian

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think he said it was a pizza place and the menu was in spanish. Not a mexican place serving italian

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure you're right -- I speak both at about the 5-year-old level and was my brain was probably spinning. Though I suppose if you go to a decent pizza place in Spain that's exactly what you'll see! EDIT: ah you're right, now I see the euro signs! Very fusion-y menu.

-Matt

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will upload the Optical Reader and S Translate APK's shortly. You will likely need root to make them work. Ill test and let you know.

markmi300

Reaction score