"Verizon Wireless!" when I make or receive a call

para7452

Reaction score
When I make or receive calls, my DX says, "Verizon Wireless" then connects the call. I've tried almost everything i can think of to stop it, but it always does it. It doesn't matter if the call connect tone is on or off, I simply don't get the little bloop! noise that goes off when the call does through if the notification tone is off. I've done the* 228 thing to make sure the phone is up on the current programming, didn't help.

Verizon support tells me I should do a hard reset, the tech guy at the store where I got the phone says that it probably wont help. The phone is unhacked and unrooted and stock. It didn't always do this, but started a few days after I got the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to fix it. I hate to do a hard reset and then have to build everything back the way I want it, since it's taken me a week to get it the way I want it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I make or receive calls, my DX says, "Verizon Wireless" then connects the call. I've tried almost everything i can think of to stop it, but it always does it. It doesn't matter if the call connect tone is on or off, I simply don't get the little bloop! noise that goes off when the call does through if the notification tone is off. I've done the* 228 thing to make sure the phone is up on the current programming, didn't help.

Verizon support tells me I should do a hard reset, the tech guy at the store where I got the phone says that it probably wont help. The phone is unhacked and unrooted and stock. It didn't always do this, but started a few days after I got the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to fix it. I hate to do a hard reset and then have to build everything back the way I want it, since it's taken me a week to get it the way I want it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I think the tech guy is wrong. Do a factory data reset, if it wasn't doing it before it won't be doing it again.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have the identical problem. My Droid X started talking right out of the box, and hasn't shut up yet. I rooted my phone, and that didn't stop the babble. I installed CW Recovery, added a theme, and it STILL talks to me all the time. Establishing network connections, placing a call, hanging up - it just babbles on. :icon_evil:

-Mike

scf

Reaction score
Go into your Settings menu, and check you accessibility settings. Sounds like you may have enabled Talkback and Kickback (for vision impaired users).

R

RETG

I had this problem with a BB and a call to just the regular customer service solved it. It was a setting, but I can't remember where it was and it was on a BB not a Droid device.
Just call Verizon help; forget the tech people.

yurdle

Reaction score
You want to go to setting > Sound > and un-check Roaming Tone. Roaming tone announces what network you are currently on. So when you are on the Verizon network(not roaming) it announces Verizon Wireless. When roaming it announces Roaming or something like that..
Hope this helps =)
Yurdle

OP
P

para7452

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried verizon first. No help. Guess I'll try the hard reset. Bah.

yurdle

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried verizon first. No help. Guess I'll try the hard reset. Bah.

hmm was my solution a no go? or is that what you meant by call connect tone?

Last edited:

dbutters

Reaction score
What yurdle said- it's a feature, not a bug. Disable it in the sounds menu.

yurdle

Reaction score

lol yeah.. kinda funny verizon techs don't really know about it... oh well..
hope you didn't wipe your phone before checking that setting lol

OP
P

para7452

Reaction score
Hurdle, I believe you have nailed it! I tried incoming and outgoing and no VZ notification! You are the Droidmeister. Much thanks!

yurdle

Reaction score
Yurdle, I believe you have nailed it! I tried incoming and outgoing and no VZ notification! You are the Droidmeister. Much thanks!

*cough* Yurdle not Hurdle *cough* =p
lol not quite Droidmeister =p
Glad i could help though.

OP
P

para7452

Reaction score
Goodness. I'm. A. Boob. But, you got me over that hurdle! Maybe a good second name for you?

Thank you Yurdle! (My overly helpful X did an autocorrect and I didn't catch it)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Actually, this was the suggestion that seemed to work for me. I went into sounds and experimented with turning things on and off, until I hit on a combination that finally shut the thing up. I never *did* have the accessibility feature enabled, and like I said in an earlier post, my Droid X talked out of the box.

Well now it finally shut up! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

-Mike

dbutters

Reaction score

Actually, this was the suggestion that seemed to work for me. I went into sounds and experimented with turning things on and off, until I hit on a combination that finally shut the thing up. I never *did* have the accessibility feature enabled, and like I said in an earlier post, my Droid X talked out of the box.

Well now it finally shut up! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

-Mike

It would be handy if a)you traveled a lot and b)Verizon's network was less extensive and you had to actually worry about roaming.

I do like the feature that announces who is calling before the phone starts ringing on incoming calls. There are a lot of the moto blur features that I like a lot coming from the Droid 1 w/ vanilla froyo.