Droid X picks and chooses whom I can't receive/make calls from/to

BabySealClubber

Reaction score
Odd title for a subject right? So my problem is weird. I can make/receive calls fine with most of my contacts but for a few specific people who have different carriers, I can't seem to receive a call or make a call to these people.

When I receive a call, the screen goes black and I hear the ringtone though I can't answer since the screen is blank. Then I see my signal bars go from 5 bars to a red slash through it.

When I try to call this person back, it doesn't even dial. The signal bars go from 5 bars to the red slash again.

So in the meantime, I've figured out a workaround. Install Google Voice and call with my Google Voice number. It's kinda ghetto but it will do for now.

Any suggestions? I've downloaded the latest firmware and I've updated my roaming via *228 2

Thanks so much!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, you've done everything I would have done. It's hard to say. I know if you were to call Verizon they will say it's something wrong on the other carriers side. Try calling them and tell them you can get through via Google Voice and you want a ticket done on the issue.

Outside of that, nope, no other ideas.

kwalt21

Reaction score
Im having the same exact problem for one of my contacts.. Its a Verizon number and she has a original droid.. I dont know if its the same with you but she is one of my favorites contact.

OP
B

BabySealClubber

Reaction score
Called VZW and they were no help. They wanted to do a master reset that would delete all my downloaded applications. I would have to re download them and maybe even repay for the ones I've paid for. sucks!!

I may have to bite the bullet and get my X replaced. Booooo.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Called VZW and they were no help. They wanted to do a master reset that would delete all my downloaded applications. I would have to re download them and maybe even repay for the ones I've paid for. sucks!!

I may have to bite the bullet and get my X replaced. Booooo.

Once you pay for an app, you can remove and reinstall as often as you like.

The apps are tied to the gmail address, so as long as you continue to use that gmail, your paid apps will always be available.

docbrett

Reaction score
Me too... found a solution

I looked through all my contacts and found the common thread. I could not call or be called by contacts with two links. I unlinked them - deleteted the third linked account - and relinked the two most important accounts. It worked - a pain, but it worked! I was so frustrated since the two I could not call were my children!

It workeddancedroid