Verizon Wireless readys first Windows Phone 7 - HTC Trophy

joemustang

Reaction score
I hope WP7 does well. Its the only thing I would think of switching to if I didnt like Android anymore. There are a couple of pros they both share that I cant get with most other phones.

I agree. I actually really like what Microsoft has done. I love the live tiles and UI design. It's so Much more visually appealing compared to Android. I have been running launcher 7 for a couple of months now with an added icon pack I found online. I'm back to my stock Android launcher for now. But Not to mention, their OS is really smooth and polished unlike Android. But overall, if I wasn't on Android, I definitly would pick up a Windows 7 device.

joemustang

Reaction score
That is a rather good point OP. I remember thinking xbox would be a fail and here it is today beating out Sony. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they took the cell phone market by suprise, but I don't think it will happen, but who really knows.

Travillion

Reaction score
I think apps are absolutely critical to be successful as a smartphone OS. Between iOS and Android (which aren't going away any time soon), I imagine developers will not feel eager to pick up a third OS. But maybe they will, I don't know. Regardless, I think that will be the determining factor.

cyclops

Reaction score
I played with this phone last week at MS TechEd, its not at all laggy, made my D1 look really slow in comparison. Screen transitions were nice and smooth. A coworker had an iPhone 4, he also commented on how quick the UI was.

Ma_USMC

Reaction score
I played with this phone last week at MS TechEd, its not at all laggy, made my D1 look really slow in comparison. Screen transitions were nice and smooth. A coworker had an iPhone 4, he also commented on how quick the UI was.

I was there too. The hands on really changed my mind on them; I think they'll make a viable competitor in the smart phone market.

I was impressed to say the least. However, I'm disappointed that they brought the trophy, there was a samsung that was fantastic.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums