Verizon V CAST Gets Update - Brings Strange Pricing for RingTones

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Yup! If you add a media/audio/ringtones path to the root of your SD card, and add MP3s in there, they will show up in your ringtone list in your settings.

OSX2000

Reaction score
What a friggin joke! Even back in the days of my old LG dumbphones I knew VCast was nothing but expensive trash. BitPim, while cumbersome, was the way to go. Nowadays, that Vcrap doesn't come anywhere near my Droid.

thorton02

Reaction score
I get mad just having VCast on my phone. 3 bucks for a ringtone? I would love to have sat in on that meeting that came up with this idea and listen to the execs that thought it was providing a much needed service.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I found this by searching because I got a text message from Verizon telling me about Ringbacks. They want to charge for a "one time song charge and a $.99 monthly access apply. (Megabyte charges may apply)."

Um no.

I had a coworker who bought one ringtone from Verizon, then I googled and found PhoneZoo to make your own free ringstones. Yes, some aren't as tech savy. We had the same phone (eNV2).

PikaCane

Reaction score
Back in the KRZR days (now there was one for the rubbish bin of history) I did buy a small handful of ringtones. I figured I ought to pay the artist something sooner or later :) never went for RBT's though, with the monthly fee.

Was fun with the second, third, and fourth ones, and the eventual LG 8350, convincing them to cover the replacements. They did, though!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App