Verizon Trade in program for Droid ERIS

the3dolla

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris that is stuck in safe mode, most likely because the track ball is broken/dirty. I'm thinking about sending it in via the Verizon Trade In program.

They only ask: Does it power up? Does the Display Work? Is the display cracked?
It's Yes, Yes, No. However under the does it power up it has:

All devices should be able to power up with no functional problems. Handset devices should be able to dial, connect, and allow a conversation to be spoken and heard clearly.

I guess since it's in safe mode that's a no go? Has anyone used this to turn in their Eris for some $? I've seen on ebay, someone's auction didn't even go for the minimu, which is $11. Verizon will give $20.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried to partially plug in your usb cable? A lot of times, that will get the track ball to work. There is also a "trackball-less" recovery, but I dont know if you need the track ball to install the new recovery. You should be able to ADB push it to your phone though.

OP
T

the3dolla

Reaction score
I'll try plugging it in half way while booting it up and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

If I kept it, it would just be a backup phone; I'm thinking I just want to get rid of it. If I can get $20, that's a plus. I'll probably just send it in, if they say "no value" after getting it.. oh well.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now a working Eris, with no screen cracks is fetching $0 in the Verizon trade-in program.

So you should just keep it.

EDIT: I did this last week and it came back $0. Now it is $20! Cool! :)

Last edited:
OP
T

the3dolla

Reaction score
Right now a working Eris, with no screen cracks is fetching $0 in the Verizon trade-in program.

Um, I've double checked today and a Droid Eris is $20..

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Um, I've double checked today and a Droid Eris is $20..

Yeah, that is why I added the EDIT. Seriously, I did this on Friday and it came back $0.

OP
T

the3dolla

Reaction score
Just got my confirmation that I should get my $20 gift card soon.. heck they weren't even selling for $20 on ebay