Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

J

JohnDroid

verizon-trade-in-program.jpg

Verizon has just released a Trade-In Program website where you can send in your old phones for a Verizon gift card. I certainly hadn't heard any peep about this and then all of the sudden, blam, it's up.

I took the liberty of pricing out some of the more popular Android phones and here's what we have as far as pricing based on "mint condition" phones as Verizon see's it:

• Motorola Droid - $52
  • Motorola Droid 2 - $72
  • Motorola Droid X - $124
  • HTC Droid Eris - $132
  • HTC Droid Incredible - $152
  • Google Nexus One - $132
  • LG Ally - $92
  • HTC EVO 4G - $132

Now, I'm not so sure why the Droid Eris holds up value so well, especially compared to the Droid X but that's how Verizon see's it apparently. My guess would be that Verizon is low on replacement units and thus prices the trade-in value accordingly.

You can check out the website at this URL: https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/

That Droid Incredible sure does hold it's value well! Your thoughts?

Darkseider

Reaction score
If you are looking to trade in a good working Droid I will give $65 instead of $52! US Funds only, USPS Money Order OR Paypal.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score

So they are trying to lowball me by more than 5 times on a Droid?

And WTF at the Eris trade in price. I think Verizon is desperately trying to kill off the D1 considering how open and useful it is.

OP
J

JohnDroid

So they are trying to lowball me by more than 5 times on a Droid?

And WTF at the Eris trade in price. I think Verizon is desperately trying to kill off the D1 considering how open and useful it is.

Well the D2 is not open and it's brand new and still has a low value. Don't take it personal. That price actually isn't bad when you consider how much you can get a D2 on contract for.

m@tt

Reaction score
Been thinking about messing with Verizon taking my startac in saying my email isn't working.

dakoop

Reaction score
And I thought the Eris I have sitting around was worthless!dancedroid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is, they value a 32GB iPhone 4 at $212 - more than they value Android devices that actually work on their network.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
*LOL* and a Blackberry Storm is worth $8.

If you have a Storm2, they'll hook you up! $44

OP
J

JohnDroid

The funny thing is, they value a 32GB iPhone 4 at $212 - more than they value Android devices that actually work on their network.

I can see this being a good thing... hopefully they'll turn a customer from another network into a customer of their own. That's worth more. It's called conquesting.