Verizon THROTTLED ME Found out after PowerBoost just posted!!!!

jmurray192

Reaction score
My internet has been extremely slow lately. I use about 10gb per month. Not saying how... but lately I havent been able to do what I normally do. I called verizon and told them whats been going on. They said it was my phone and I need to factory reset. I said no. Then I bought an Iphone. Same results. I returned it (now waiting for the nexus). Tonight Powerboost just posted about there dethrottle. It informed me about what throttling is. I called verizon and said im just now re-uping my contract and want to know are you throttling me. He said he knew nothing about it and called the tech line. He got back on the line with me..... Wow he said. I never knew about this and now I do. Yes they are throttling you. You are in the top 5% in the tower you are using. I politily asked him to take it off. He said he just didnt have a way to do it. He did also get pretty pissed at verizon (yes the tech did) he said I dont blame you being pissed off. Thats crap they do this to you.

RANT RANT ok im done but really verizon your unlimited plan is just as good as team mobile, thats right :mad: team mobile, suck it verizon.

Now unsure if I want to renew my contract!:angry:

Last edited:

jayb

Reaction score
I have used 25gigs this month so far and I have 2 weeks left to go. I haven't noticed a problem with mine at all. I really don't think that you are being throttled.

Sent from my rooted and bootstrapped Razr

Snow02

Reaction score
I have used 25gigs this month so far and I have 2 weeks left to go. I haven't noticed a problem with mine at all. I really don't think that you are being throttled.

He could just be on a more crowded tower, and you're not. That's the way their throttling is supposed to work. That way you don't get throttled if it's not actually helping other users.

jayb

Reaction score
Ya that's true, I am at work and didn't read that correctly.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
25gigs is obscene! Do you just stream movies and music all day long with multiple devices on your hotspot? I'm not even sure how you'd get that high.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayb

Reaction score
I stream about 4 hours of Netflix a day and then use it at work to surf sometimes. It really isn't that much when you stream Netflix HD. I dont even use the hotspot. I have unlimited on both my phones and my Xoom has 3gigs and I dont stream with it. I use the Xoom to just surf.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Yea, I've noticed I seem to quickly get throttled on the tower that services my work, but almost never at home. Its very tower dependent.

Also, @OP, this was announced several months ago, before VZW got the iPhone. Accept the fact that you are a high volume user and that Verizon isn't going to let you cause other users to have service problems.

jayb

Reaction score
Yea, I've noticed I seem to quickly get throttled on the tower that services my work, but almost never at home. Its very tower dependent.

I agree with that. I live outside the city and maybe there are not a lot of people on this tower. But when I am in town it seems to be a little slower. Just noticed that yesterday.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm at 3.8GBs with 1 day left. I never went over 1GB except once at 1.5GB due to watching an entire movie on NF.

The only thing I can think of for my case is Google Music is now installed and I use that for streaming my music while driving. Before I used songs on the phone and Digitally Imported Radio.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The last 4 months I have used 9 gigs, 9 gigs, 7.5 gigs and this month I am at 2 in 10 days...

Funny thing is, my high usage was due to Netflix and not tethering. I stopped watching Netflix and now I use it for Xbox Live and my usage has dropped. Funny how everybody thinks tethering is the root of all evil, and my usage has dropped.

X