Verizon still giving out Droid 1 for replacements!

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Lucky Me i guess i just called Verizon today and told them i had a problem with my droid and they troubleshot it with me over the phone and determined that i need a new droid ......so i was nervous being that i had just heard that Verizon just ran out of stock online so i was expecting to hear we have a replace for you like a droid devour or and ally but he told me that they would be sending me a new droid in two days so i asked a droid are you sure he said yes a droid so OK i thought you guys where out of stock ? he said no we still have a few left so hopefully in two days i will have my replacement droid and be happy .......dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they prob have a stock left for replacements and some refurbs to send out too. Still could be a while till they really run out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ChugIt

Reaction score
They have been, the reps were just told to try to give Devours and stuff. I've been saying this for weeks. Walmart has Droids for $48.88 too. I have a thread in Droid General Discussions about it.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It wasn't VZW that was 'out' of Droids for replacements (e.g. warranty replacements) it was/is Assurion (insurance claims). VZW has had them, many people that couldn't get them through Assurion went to their local VZW stores and got them replaced.

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I read a thread that said today is a sad day the droid 1 was out of stock on Verizon.com (sounds like something Dr.Seuss would say ......lol)

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
I had an issue with mine about a week and a half ago and at the store the rep that was helping me did a check of the inventory and at that time he said they had about 1,100 left in the warehouse. He said that was available for all Verizon stores to use nationwide. No telling how long before they actually are out of the Droid 1s.

The guy at Verizon did tell me though that if I experienced problems again with my phone over the next week or two to call the number he provided me and NOT contact Assurion.

Like KZIWarrior said, it was Assurion who has actually been out of stock and replacing them with Devours and other phones.

ChugIt

Reaction score
The reps have no access to anything in their infobank telling them how many of any phone is in warehouses. The techs don't even have that information in their infobank. Someone was blowing you speculated smoke. There's no way he would have seen any info like that. You would have to go higher up to see that information in the infobank.

Last edited: