Verizon Phone Switch?

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally am getting a Droid X warranty replacement. Thing is, I still want an Incredible for some reason.

My 30 day satisfaction guarantee is up, and I am getting the replacement X in two days. I have a fellow employee on the same shared plan as me. If he has an upgrade available and he wants the X, can he get an Incredible and we can swap somehow?
Does the 30 day satisfaction guarantee reset once you get a warranty replacement?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems to me you need to contact the VZW customer service folks.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Here's something I just saw today. I'm assuiming you guys are on a family share plan? If so, just log onto your verzion account online, and when you go to your phone details, it'll list both your phone and your buddys phone. His will probably say he's eligible to upgrade. Theres a button you can click on that lets you transfer his avaliable upgrade to your line.

Assuming you do this, you can probably just get the Incredible on your line and give him the X and just let him transfer his phone. Saves you a few steps atleast.

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Hmm, well we are on a business plan so not sure about that...

I was looking for something like: The 30 day satisfaction guarantee is reseted after a warranty replacement.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Hmm, well we are on a business plan so not sure about that...

I was looking for something like: The 30 day satisfaction guarantee is reseted after a warranty replacement.

Just have your admin do an alternate upgrade, order you an incredible using his lines upgrade eligibility. Then once you activate the phone, the admin can go into their mybiz and manually activate the droid x to the co-workers account. Easy as pie.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Refurbished phones have a 90 day warranty. New phones have a 12 month warranty.

In his case thats incorrect, since the device was flip flopped between 2 lines on the same account, the warranty is transferred to the number. the warranty is not however reset. So the droid x will have an 10 month 28 day warranty, and his smakin new incredible will have the 30 day wfg, and 11 month warranty.

Warranty on CLNR phones is the remainder of the year warranty or 90 days. If in the same account the warranty is transferrable. If it is activated onto a different account, the warranty is now void because it is Priorly owned equipment.

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Wait, no.. I was talking about the 30 day satisfaction guarantee from Verizon.

Nevermind... I'll just stick with the Droid X anyway. It has better battery life (but I love Sense UI!) Argh! I'm so confused..