Verizon stock ROTO files minus the Data partition

Rouger

Reaction score
I've had a few problems up to this point but now having these files has helped me feel more secure about recovering back to a completely fresh Verizon stock image including reverting to rfs from ext4.
Ok, here are the files create from a ROTO back-up minus the data. This was completed on a brand new Verizon G-Tab with only temp root. I know quite a few people may need this so share as needed.
Includes the following files:
boot.bin
cache.rfs
dbdata.rfs
efs.rfs
factoryfs.rfs
ldb.db
modem.bin
param.lfs
param.rfs
pit.pit
bls.bin
zImage

*EDIT Removed links due to issues with the files. There are a few more strings with this data so I'd go to those.
Hope these help

tabnoob

Reaction score
I've had a few problems up to this point but now having these files has helped me feel more secure about recovering back to a completely fresh Verizon stock image including reverting to rfs from ext4.
Ok, here are the files create from a ROTO back-up minus the data. This was completed on a brand new Verizon G-Tab with only temp root. I know quite a few people may need this so share as needed.
Includes the following files:
boot.bin
cache.rfs
dbdata.rfs
efs.rfs
factoryfs.rfs
ldb.db
modem.bin
param.lfs
param.rfs
pit.pit
bls.bin
zImage

http://rapidshare.com/files/44808085...GTab-Stock.zip

or
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21215221/Verizon-GTab-Stock.zip

Hope these help
Now, can you please tell me where each one of these goes on Heimdall?

OP
R

Rouger

Reaction score
Here is how Roto say's to do the recovery:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.rfs --modem modem.bin --cache cache.rfs --dbdata dbdata.rfs --param param.lfs

This is the command line, but it should match up to the boxes in the GUI version.

This is Roto's backup thread
Roto Backup! UPDATED Dec 5 2010 - xda-developers

lldownll

Reaction score
What do the other files working for? why does it include in compressed stock?

OP
R

Rouger

Reaction score
I haven't had the need to use them yet and just followed Roto's backup to create them. Haven't looked into what each does.
I do know the .pit file will recreate your partitions.

dominationk1

Reaction score
my Tab just Keep Looping on verizon Logo any idea

any idea on that... it just keep looping i reflash the factory and everything goes thru.. but when i turn on my tab.. just stays at the verizon logo.. i really need this fix.. thanks..

OP
R

Rouger

Reaction score
I know people have used this .pit file to recreate the partitions and it got them past the verizon logo.
I haven't done it yet so I can't say exactly how to do it. Look up ROTO's backup and in that string, I'm pretty sure there is someone that has listed how to use it.

technologic

Reaction score
I haven't had the need to use them yet and just followed Roto's backup to create them. Haven't looked into what each does.
I do know the .pit file will recreate your partitions.

Can you repartition with the pit file during the flash, or does the repartition have to be completed first before the flash? What is the heimdall syntax to repartition with the pit file?

The reason I'm asking is because I rooted with SuperOneClick, then installed the Verizon Bootstrapper(ext4). I flashed back to stock using the instructions from this thread:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...84-how-restore-vzw-galaxy-tab-stock-dj11.html. When it completed, it was still rooted with ext4 and therefore the Verizon update(EC02) fails half way through the process. I realize this update isn't anything major, I just want to be prepared if the next update is major and fails also.

kevcube

Reaction score
I restored my tab using all of these files, and it no longer boots at all, the screen is black. I had the factoryfs.rfs file in FactoryFS, zImage in Kernel, Param.lfs in Param.lfs, boot.bin in primary bootloader, sbl.bin in secondary bootloader, cache.rfs in cache, dbdata.rfs in database data, modem.bin in modem, and zimage in recovery. I can't get anything to boot, it's just a black screen, can't get back into download mode.. Am I screwed?

technologic

Reaction score
I restored my tab using all of these files, and it no longer boots at all, the screen is black. I had the factoryfs.rfs file in FactoryFS, zImage in Kernel, Param.lfs in Param.lfs, boot.bin in primary bootloader, sbl.bin in secondary bootloader, cache.rfs in cache, dbdata.rfs in database data, modem.bin in modem, and zimage in recovery. I can't get anything to boot, it's just a black screen, can't get back into download mode.. Am I screwed?

Samsung tech support says that if you can't get to recovery or download mode that it's bricked...

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
hmmmm i am wondering how come the os file has not surface online and is this tablet that hard to get that file...theres got to be another way of doing this

kevcube

Reaction score
NEVER FLASH BOOT.BIN. I had to get a replacement tab..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

WilldOne

Reaction score
bum links

Can you repair those links? I need the pit.pit file bad, and I can't find it anywhere.