[How TO] Restore VZW Galaxy Tab to stock DJ11

mikeymop

Reaction score
I know this is bumping an old thread but this is one of the only threads I see on this topic.

I have my friends i800 here and it's bricked to the point it only shows the phone-pc screen. I have the files you downloaded however zadig doens't show the drivers selection when plugged into the computer. I also can get ODIN to detect the tab however heimdall (and windows device manager) doesn't detect the tablet.

icdvtrvt

Reaction score
I know this is bumping an old thread but this is one of the only threads I see on this topic.

I have my friends i800 here and it's bricked to the point it only shows the phone-pc screen. I have the files you downloaded however zadig doens't show the drivers selection when plugged into the computer. I also can get ODIN to detect the tab however heimdall (and windows device manager) doesn't detect the tablet.

Put the tab into download, then go into Heimdall Frontend>Utilities>Close PC screen. The tab will reboot possibly bootloop, just hold down the power button to turn it off, then put it into download again and connect to computer and use Heimdall. This should make the tab seen by Heimdall.

Last edited:

billiam74

Reaction score
My friend had just given me his SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB SCH-I800 ... When plugged into the wall it shows a PHONE /!\ COMPUTER symbol and that is it! ...When I plug it into the computer that screen goes away, and doesn't come back .

The computer doesn't recognize it or even acknowledge it when it is plugged into it. ( i have even loaded the ZADIG driver files, HEIMDALL DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT EITHER )

AGAIN...the ( phone /!\ pc screen ) only comes on when it is plugged into the wall...no other time. I cannot even get it into anything else by doing the - power button/volume button commands.

Can anyone help me out with this issue to restore it back to the norm?

stuck

Reaction score
i cant seem to get this to work it keeps hanging on the verizon screen can anyone help me

kukison

Reaction score
I folowed your instructions - BUT, ARGH

Justin,

I downloaded Heimdall-suite-1.4.0-win32 package and your Flash ROM. I do not have a win32 computer, all I have is 64bit and I can't find a 64bit version of Heimdall. I installed the drivers anyway but there were no drivers named Samsung in the Heimdall "zadig" packaged installer. Heimdall does everything your instructions says should happen including finding my Tab and being able to access the .pit file. However when I click the start button I see the following in the Status window. "ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: - 12". This is an old thread and I am crossing my fingers that someone sees it and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Kukison

Svonavja

Reaction score
Justin,

I downloaded Heimdall-suite-1.4.0-win32 package and your Flash ROM. I do not have a win32 computer, all I have is 64bit and I can't find a 64bit version of Heimdall. I installed the drivers anyway but there were no drivers named Samsung in the Heimdall "zadig" packaged installer. Heimdall does everything your instructions says should happen including finding my Tab and being able to access the .pit file. However when I click the start button I see the following in the Status window. "ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: - 12". This is an old thread and I am crossing my fingers that someone sees it and can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Kukison

Try this, uninstall drivers before doing this, it will prompt to install drivers.
[video=youtube;KPSBXC72rmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPSBXC72rmg[/video]

mikey mike

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sch-i800
I folowed your instructions - BUT, ARGH

Justin,

Thanks in advance.

Kukison

I think I had this problem - you need to be 'admin' on the Windows system. I actually had a bunch of USB problems that I solved by just using my Mac (also need to be logged in as Admin).

MIKE