Verizon sending an Extended Battery and Cover for $25.

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I complained about my 4 hour battery life and the tech said,"I'm checking the forums."

Me: "take your time."
(5 minutes later...)

tech: "It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem.
Where would you like me to send the replacement?"

Me: "Can I pay a little more and get the extended battery?"

tech: "OK, I'll take the price of the regular battery off the price of the extended battery.
And I'll send it next day shipping."

Reaction score
they've been $25 for almost a month now, and they always ship 2nd when you purchase something :icon_eek:

ryguy5254

Reaction score
wait, so whats the point of this thread again? the extended battery has been $25 since the GN came out.

You must feel silly.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wait, so whats the point of this thread again? the extended battery has been $25 since the GN came out.

You must feel silly.

Maybe to show us how happy he is and the excellent customer service he was provided with?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ice456789

Reaction score
That is a good customer service rep, one that I'd hire. Make the customer very happy by giving them something they want at a very good price and making them feel special, while at the same time not giving away the company's money.

OP
BRAINFIRE

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I got my phone a week ago and kept reading about this deal but could not find it.
Anyone have a link?

honors21

Reaction score
He didn't do anything special for you he just sold you an extended battery at the price everyone was getting them for.He is a good salesman as well as a tech guy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Dammit Ice, I tried two times to kill that bug on my monitor lol. Anyway to the OP, the extended battery is a good investment but don't expect miracles from it. It's only slightly more powerful than the stock battery. It's also only slightly larger too.

xliderider

Reaction score
I'm running a custom rom with an undervolted/speed governed CPU, it's giving me good battery life on my standard battery. I have an extended battery coming in next week, so it will be even better. DancingNexus

Creed

Reaction score
I thought an ant was under my screen! Damn you, Ice!

MrKleen

Reaction score
This was one of the funniest posts I've read in some time.... LOL

This guy managed to get a customer service rep to sell him an extended battery at the current discounted "full" price.... lol!

And yes I would hire this customer support rep in a heartbeat. He made a customer happy and gave him the feeling he was doing something special for him while actually doing nothing more than selling something at full price. It's a win win for both sides!

OP
BRAINFIRE

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I think it's worth it to carry an extra battery around.
It seems preferable to turning things off.
Got used to it with my D2.