Verizon Rep Supposedly Confirms Nexus 6 Launching March 12th & Shipping March 19th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-nexus6-march12.png

The above snapshot is supposedly a Verizon rep confirming that the Big Red version of the Motorola Google Nexus 6 will be launching on March 12th and will hit retail shelves on the 19th. The exchange took place between a customer with a burning desire to use their Verizon upgrade on the Nexus 6, and a Verizon Rep named Beth M in a chat.

Obviously, there's no confirmation that this is legit at all, but the intel does match up with previous rumors, so it seems pretty solid. Sound off and let us know if the timing of this will be just right for your contract renewal, or if it's simply too little, too late for VZW on this device.

Source: PhoneArena

PBarn

Reaction score
I'm definitely weighing my other options, though I don't know how long I can hold out. My RAZR Maxx HD is on its last legs and growing more frustrating every day. I can only hope that Verizon will get the S6 or M9 soon. Will they? Doubtful.

TeamAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Wow, I'm so glad I gave up waiting for this last fall and just bought a Note 4. I'm sure the Nexus is an awesome phone but c'mon!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Waited a couple months after the nexus was released on other carriers but grew frustrated so I went with the note 4. No regrets. You're too late vzw.

Sent from my Note 4

bigdad63

Reaction score
Crappy battery life, no multi window, so so camera, kinda big price tag

stinger161

Reaction score
I was sick of waiting and wanted to keep my unlimited data so I ordered direct from Moto (and got their Moto care which is way cheaper than Assurion!), tricked VZN into sending me a nano sim, activated it on my GNex, and I'm running without VZNs bloated version!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's official:

"The device will be available online starting March 12 and will then arrive in stores on March 19. If that sounds familiar, that’s because we broke this news last week on Twitter.

Verizon will sell the Nexus 6 for $249 on 2-year contract or $27.08 per month with Verizon Edge on a 24-month payment plan. If you buy the Nexus 6 from Big Red before March 31, you can get a free 6-month subscription to Google Play Music All Access.

In case you were wondering, the Nexus 6 will also launch with Advanced Calling 1.0, which is Verizon’s version of VoLTE and HD Voice. That’s not a huge shocker, since the newly announced update to Android 5.1 included support for HD Voice."​

Verizon’s Nexus 6 Officially Arrives Tomorrow With Android 5.1 (Droid Life)

Verizon's announcement only mentions a 32GB version being available.

Nexus 6 with Android Lollipop and Verizon 4G LTE: Available March 12 (Verizon)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
$249 with a contract. What's the price without? $649? Haven't seen any confirmed prices.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
$249 with a contract. What's the price without? $649? Haven't seen any confirmed prices.

Edge comes out to $649.92 ($27.08 x 24), so a $649 full retail price is very likely. That's the same that Google and Motorola sell it for.

stinger161

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly, but it's around $60/mo on the Moto Credit. I also dumped Assurion and got the Moto Care for $129.95. It's a 2 year thing and it's way cheaper overall! Compare the 2 and you'll see why! I figure the less I really have to do with Vzn other than their coverage and unlimited data the better!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wouldn't say "way cheaper". $14 isn't much of a deal breaker.

stinger161

Reaction score
Lol! Ok, I guess not, but you aren't giving Verizon any extra money, and if you need to do a claim it's only $35 as opposed to $100, and I thought I read that Assurion jacked that up to $150?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
$35? That's a much better deal, if I paid for insurance. :)