Unless you buy the 64gb version.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
no expandable memory

Unless you buy the 64gb version.

The 64 GB version doesn't give you expandable memory. It just has more on board memory to help with the fact that there is no expandable memory.

But if someone is looking to buy the Nexus from Verizon, they sadly only offer the 32GB version.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So what is the difference between the ones from Moto and Vzw? I'm assuming just verizon's bloat and only 32GB limitation.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Your correct
The 64 GB version doesn't give you expandable memory. It just has more on board memory to help with the fact that there is no expandable memory.

But if someone is looking to buy the Nexus from Verizon, they sadly only offer the 32GB version.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The real question is how do I get the advanced calling on my N6 that I purchased through Sprint because VZW was dragging their feet. :)

According to this post from Droid-Life, VoLTE is working on Verizon with unlocked versions of the Nexus 6 that were purchased from Google or Motorola. Great news. It apparently doesn't require the Advanced Calling 1.0 software and interface that Verizon uses on other devices. Hopefully it will work for you with one from Sprint as well.

Tip: Simultaneous Voice and Data Now Works on Nexus 6 With Verizon (Droid-Life)

I'll be curious to read about the experiences users here have with it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's very odd. I haven't seen anything about that.
This is the electronics world.. I'm sure there's many little flukes... That we don't hear of.. Speaking of which.. My coworker finally got her 64 gig replacement.. This one works just fine... She's swapped 3 different carrier Sims in it.. And it seemingly grabs the signal right away..

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This is the electronics world.. I'm sure there's many little flukes... That we don't hear of.. Speaking of which.. My coworker finally got her 64 gig replacement.. This one works just fine... She's swapped 3 different carrier Sims in it.. And it seemingly grabs the signal right away..

Absolutely. Agreed 100%

I was referring to not having read anything about it being a known issue that would be a cause for concern with the Verizon branded model. Flukes always happen with any product.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I should tell ya about the droid turbo my brother in law got... Baaahahahahahaha