Verizon Nexus 6 with Android 5.1 and Advanced Calling / VoLTE is Coming March 12

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6-tops-matched.jpg

It looks like Verizon pushed back the launch of their version of the Motorola/Google Nexus 6 to March 12th. The reason for the pushed date was probably to make sure it has both Android 5.1 and "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" which is basically Advanced Calling/VoLTE. Knowing that, it makes more sense now why Big Red has taken their sweet time with the device.

There's even a video teaser for it (above), although Verizon currently has it listed as private so we can't view it just yet. We will give you guys a heads up as soon as Verizon releases the video and the full details on this launch.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Nexu6 rumor brew
Nexu6 declared for all carriers
Nexu6 released on all carriers except Vzw
Nexu6 coming to Vzw after 30 days Moto Turbo exclusivity period ends
Nexu6 coming to Vzw early 2015
Nexu6 coming to Vzw in Feb
Nexus 2015 rumor(s) start
Nexu6 coming to Vzw in March
Nexus 2015 announced
Nexu6 available on Vzw...????????????

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
This set back and the Turbo being on some kind of "Hold" may be related.. Next week is going to be interesting ???? But " I know nothing " :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This set back and the Turbo being on some kind of "Hold" may be related.. Next week is going to be interesting ???? But " I know nothing " :)
Hmmm... Yeah.. I've been saying this for how long??? That you know nothing... I mean.. Lmao.. Jk

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hmmm... Yeah.. I've been saying this for how long??? That you know nothing... I mean.. Lmao.. Jk
And you're so right...... and when I got to be chief investigator for the IRS... and they gave me over 500 people to keep busy.. LMAO ... my side hurts... I can't go on... .JK..:p

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Hope the rumor is correct.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only HALF A YEAR late to the party?

And I assume that they will still be charging the original full MSRP?

What jerks... If they don't want to carry it, then don't. Releasing it half a year, an entire product cycle in the phone world, and charging top dollar for it, is insulting...

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
WOW why are you so bitter about it? As you state it been out for 5 months + and if you really wanted it you could have bought it, if it was in stock. IMO the only thing that changes once VW get's it on their network the consumer will be about to buy it on contract or edge as opposed to paying full price. I for one got the phone back in December and have been using it on VW network. I also have unlimited data and I had to pay full price.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why bitter? Because VZW has to be jerks about it. One of the best phones out there, they have to monkey around with it because they want to push the Moto phones... So when they do get it, its a 6 month old phone, with the new HTC, S6 and others coming out shortly...

To me it seems a little too late... And it wouldn't surprise me to see it loaded with bloatware, which while easily removable, is still annoying on a Nexus phone..