Verizon Quietly Releases 2 New Plans: $75 Single Line 2GB & a Secret 2GB $60 'SAVE'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-vzw-plans-1.png

new-vzw-plans-2.png

Those crafty folks over at Big Red are being clever with two nondescript launches of new pricing plans. Without any fan-faire or fancy PR campaigns (or even a friendly mention in a press release) Verizon just added two new single-line plans to their lineup. One is a super-secret 2GB $60 "SAVE" plan, but has some restrictions for you to qualify. The other is a $75 2GB plan.

Here's how they work:

• $75 Single Line 2GB Plan = sign-up (no contract thought) for 2GB of data and get unlimited talk and text for $75 - You can reduce the monthly price by $10, if you also sign-up for Verizon EDGE. (As a reminder, that is VZW's device payment plan which spreads the cost of a full retail priced device over a two-year period.
  • $60 Single Line 2GB "SAVE" Plan = You have to specifically ask for it (there may not be any announcement or up-front offer). For $60, you get 2GB of data and unlimited talk and text, but you have to qualify. To do that you have to sing up for a one year contract and must be within 12 months of the end of your contract, or already out of contract.
According to our sources, this is something that just started today, and might be officially announced very soon.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
$60 for 2gigs is a pretty darn good deal. You save me some money, NOW you have my attention. Now it costs me actual money to stay on an unlimited data plan I don't really need, regardless of whether I need or want a new phone.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I pay $30/mnth for unlimited data currently. How can $60/mnth for a paltry 2gb of data, be a good deal? Am I missing something here?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I pay $30/mnth for unlimited data currently. How can $60/mnth for a paltry 2gb of data, be a good deal? Am I missing something here?

I pay $70 for 450 minutes and no texts with my unlimited data....being on wifi mostly, this plan saves me $10 while upping me to unlimited voice and texts. Not to mention the subsidized phone worth @ $15/mo over 2 years.

If you use wifi at home and work it's not difficult at all to manage with 2gigs of data.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Sick and tired of this bullcrap from Verizon. They only cater to single line plans or ppl with low data usage. The "get more" plans did nothing for anyone that had more than a 2gb plan, yet doubled the data for anyone in the 500mb, 1gb, and 2gb plan.

I have 6 lines, I float my data between 10-14gb a month, depending on what the kids do month to month, my bill (with a 21% discount on data) ranges from $375-400 a month. How about cutting me a break Verizon? How about dropping the $*%&ing $40 per smartphone to something more like what ATT is going, $15/per if you bring your own line or Tmo in tiered pricing depending on how many lines you have (first one is $40, 2-4 is $25, next one is $15), something like that.

acousticshade

Reaction score

Either that is only the cost for your data, you are getting throttled or you should lock into that plan for the rest of your life.

scott craft

Reaction score
I switched to the $60 plan for my wife and me a month ago. We had a shared data plan with six gb so this will save us around $40a month. I'm going to have to be a bit cautious with my data usage, but the monthly savings will be worth it.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I was with Verizon for 8 years and loved their service but recently switched to Tmobile. I am saving $46 per month and went from 4gb shared a month to unlimited data!!!! Verizon could crush all carriers if they cared at all about giving their customers what they wanted but sadly they do not!!!! These slightly modified plans they have been coming out with to repsond to the ongoing carrier competition are a joke compared to what the other carriers are doing! When will Verizon wake up???? People want unlimited data or at least a large portion to use!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
In the lower right corner, under "Single line SAVE plans", it says, "Great value for existing customers ringing the bells of chum"...
Am I reading that wrong? What on earth does "ringing the bells of chum" mean? I have never heard that phrase in my life!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Lovin my 10GB plan with three smartphones, unlimited talk and text for $140 a month on AT&T. No contract either. And surprisingly I have found that I get better data reception on AT&T in many areas over what I got with VZW. Anything similar to what I have now would have cost at least $100 more on VZW. Not missing then one bit.

Tap'd from my LG G2

n0yxl

Reaction score
I pay $70 for 450 minutes and no texts with my unlimited data....being on wifi mostly, this plan saves me $10 while upping me to unlimited voice and texts. Not to mention the subsidized phone worth @ $15/mo over 2 years.

If you use wifi at home and work it's not difficult at all to manage with 2gigs of data.

I didn't see anything about unlimited voice and texts, is this included with the save plan?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lovin my 10GB plan with three smartphones, unlimited talk and text for $140 a month on AT&T. No contract either. And surprisingly I have found that I get better data reception on AT&T in many areas over what I got with VZW. Anything similar to what I have now would have cost at least $100 more on VZW. Not missing then one bit.

Tap'd from my LG G2

It's not about money for me anymore but reception.
You may remember my rants about how Verizon cut off cells in my area last summer. Well the service still sucks for both data AND calls/texts. While everyone else used to be super craptacular, Verizon only craptacular, everyone else added cells/bandwidth/whatever while Verizon basically turned my area into a dead zone.
1 line my daughter had had already been switched to AT&T when she wanted her own plan, the other 3 are out of contract awaiting the wife to give me the go ahead to switch to someone else, probably AT&T.
I'm content with the price I pay each month but the service sucks and Verizon is basically saying bye bye we're number 1 and won't miss you a bit

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the lower right corner, under "Single line SAVE plans", it says, "Great value for existing customers ringing the bells of chum"...
Am I reading that wrong? What on earth does "ringing the bells of chum" mean? I have never heard that phrase in my life!

That's Verizon speak for only offer if they say they're leaving

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
It's not about money for me anymore but reception.
You may remember my rants about how Verizon cut off cells in my area last summer. Well the service still sucks for both data AND calls/texts. While everyone else used to be super craptacular, Verizon only craptacular, everyone else added cells/bandwidth/whatever while Verizon basically turned my area into a dead zone.
1 line my daughter had had already been switched to AT&T when she wanted her own plan, the other 3 are out of contract awaiting the wife to give me the go ahead to switch to someone else, probably AT&T.
I'm content with the price I pay each month but the service sucks and Verizon is basically saying bye bye we're number 1 and won't miss you a bit

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

this reminds me of what a boss of mine once told me when i was going to leave for another company. "will the company suffer because you are leaving, 'yes', but will we close the doors and go out of business, 'no'.
no company wants to see profits walk out the door, but in the bigger picture, we are just like a fly on the wall. you swat one away and another will soon follow.