Sprint Just Fired a Canon Shot at Their Competition; $60/Month Unlimited Plan

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would Sprint do that?

TMo does (or used to) something similar with speeds slowing down after 5-10gigs of data. They all have the same basic problem - how to provide plans for heavy power users while protecting themselves against abusers who use it as a home ISP and run-up 100gigs+ a month
The fcc is asking Verizon to explain their decision to throttle some users data because as part of them being awarded part of the old analog tv frequencies they agreed to not hinder the data flow in any way shape or form. The post I was replying to stated Verizon could use the fact that Sprint will now throttle data as an excuse to get away with doing it themselves. To my knowledge Sprint had no such agreement to not hinder their data flow on the part of the frequency pie they were awarded.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The fcc is asking Verizon to explain their decision to throttle some users data because as part of them being awarded part of the old analog tv frequencies they agreed to not hinder the data flow in any way shape or form. The post I was replying to stated Verizon could use the fact that Sprint will now throttle data as an excuse to get away with doing it themselves. To my knowledge Sprint had no such agreement to not hinder their data flow on the part of the frequency pie they were awarded.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Actually, I think the provision had to do with tethering and not throttling. The throttling argument is more likely to be about a form of net neutrality, and that's where Sprint brings strength in numbers.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish Sprint and TMo would form a partnership, where a phone could jump between the two carriers without roaming fees, and effortlessly. THIS would be Verizon's HYPER UPPER CUT.
Nah, neither network has coverage in rural areas where Verizon has strong 4g lte service. You could jump all you want in large metropolitan(but what's the point) but soon as you'll leave the city your phone will have no reception.