Verizon Quietly Makes Some Major Changes.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep... that's why I said I'm in a lucky situation where I actually do have good service in this area with Fi. If you're in a more rural area, its completely different and I completely understand sticking with Verizon, because its very likely you'll have a much worse experience with the providers Fi uses.

Its funny, I live in an urban metro area of over 1m people, and my house is located in the middle of a Verizon dead spot. They know about this and they're unwilling to remedy the situation. They offered me a home unit to extend their signal, but it would cost me $250 to install, and would run off my own WiFi. With Fi I get a good 4G LTE signal. So for me, it completely made sense to switch. That won't be the case for everyone.

I bought a Network extender from Verizon that runs off my wi-fi and works great in and near my house. They wanted $250 but they came down to $125 when we started cancelling our 3 lines. I believe we were transferred to customer retention, not sure but that department took care of us.

I don't hate Verizon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Since 2008 we have lived in a fringe area, where attempts to use a cell phone was futile....until last year (2016) when Vzw introduced the ability to use our Note 4's on wifi calling.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk