Verizon plan questions

urklegrue

Reaction score
So I broke my Droid a couple of weeks ago and I've been using a Blackberry Storm in anticipation of the Thunderbolt. My rage toward the BB grows by the day. Since it seems the TB is not going to happen any time soon, can someone tell me if this would work?

We are on a two-person family plan. My husband has no want or need of a smartphone. Can I use my early upgrade now to get a Droid X or D2 or something, and then when his line is available for an upgrade, get a better phone at that time for my line, and remove whatever one I purchased using the early upgrade? In other words, would I be locked into a data plan for both lines that way, or could we revert back to a plain old phone for him after we use his upgrade?

If I knew something good would be coming out soon I would just live with it, but I never thought the BB would be a long-term solution. I hate it with the heat of 1000 suns.

My other thought is to find something on ebay but I don't want to spend $300 on a used phone only to turn around and spend another $300 in a month or two.

BTW, Verizon's trade-in program will give a whopping $8 for the Storm, $5 less than what they will give for the broken Droid.

kazuma

Reaction score
U can use any upgrade for any line of done it myself. And with out gear of locking in 2 data plans. I have three lines. Only one line keeps my data plan and I use the other two upgrades just whenever I feel for my main line that has the data plan. Downside would be if your hubby breaks his phone he will no longer have an upgrade and u will be paying either full price ors having to get a phone from somewhere he can use.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hatcyl

Reaction score
Yup, I do it to.

You may need to activate the phone first on his line then switch it to yours.

But as long as you don't have a smartphone associated with your line there will be no forced data plan.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I would think that for every smartphone they will force a data plan.. but if its not the case thats good news.. I haven't gotten a chance to try it that.

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
I would think that for every smartphone they will force a data plan.. but if its not the case thats good news.. I haven't gotten a chance to try it that.

I meant that one of the smartphones would be removed from the plan so that we would have one dumb phone and one smartphone again.

rryyyaannn

Reaction score
I've done it before. I went from an Eris back down to a Dare without any data plan issues. I had the Eris for less than a year.