Did Verizon take away my early upgrade?

urklegrue

Reaction score
This is what happened: Had OG Droid. Got early upgrade text from Verizon. Checked it online and it stated clearly I had an early upgrade.

Then my phone got destroyed. Had to use an old BB Storm. Activated it. Line still showed an upgrade after activation.

Checked it today in anticipation of getting the Thunderbolt - and it shows no early upgrade.

Did swapping out the broken Droid for the BB temporarily actually negate my upgrade? What happened? I will be really, really upset if I can't get the TB after all this, especially the last three weeks of toting around this useless poopy BB.

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
I am going to. I was just wondering if this was a "thing" that others may be familiar with, since I can't call them right this second and it's going to bug me until I can.

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
Nevermind. Strangely enough when I checked on a different browser, it still shows I can upgrade now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Strangely enough when I checked on a different browser, it still shows I can upgrade now.

Your upgrade won't change until you've done this next phone. And you have my deepest sympathies, how difficult it must have been to have to put up with a Blackberry Storm!

Now my wife's Droid is starting to take a dive and I'm going to give her my D1 since I have a D2. Should my D2 start to take a dive on me, I would reclaim my D1 and give her my Blackberry Storm.

That would be the plan anyway…..;)

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
The Storm is an awful, awful phone and it annoys me to no end that I even have to pay $30 a month data when it doesn't do anything besides let me read my email and sorta look at Facebook. I originally thought it would be for a week or so, tops, so am I ever ready to be rid of this thing.

As for my upgrade, what I think happened was that Chrome was blocking the "Upgrade Now" buttons and I didn't realize it. Panic mode ensued. :D