Question About Family Plan Upgrade Scenario on Verizon

rherron

Reaction score
I want to make sure I understand something correctly.

My wife and I share a plan on Verizon. I have a DROID Pro. She has a BlackBerry. Her phone is crappy. Mine is nice, but I'd like a new one (maybe Nexus Prime, we'll see).

She is not due for an upgrade for nearly two years as she had to get an early upgrade just before Christmas due to a previous BB dying on her.

I upgrade, and pay through the nose ($500 or whatever) as I am not due for an upgrade for reduced cost yet. I have her phone number, etc. transferred to my current DROID Pro. She gets the Pro, I get the new one (she really doesn't care about having the latest 4G device).

In June 2012 when my current DROID is eligible for upgrade, then she can use that upgrade and get whatever she wants (if she wants to).

Is this how this works? I don't want to lose the June 2012 upgrade on the Pro.

deborah3756

Reaction score
You won't loose the upgrade by switching phones. I do this switch all the time ( I have 5 lines). In fact, my son's phone is do for an upgrade. I'm going to upgrade his line to the Bionic then, after we receive it, I will put my number on the Bionic and he will get this DX2. Upgrade date on mine won't change.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The contract is attached to the line, not the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk