Verizon Family Plan Question

clucernoni

Reaction score
So I have a question about how I will be able to set up my family plan...I have been an Droid user since the day it came out, but it's time for me to upgrade. I am currently on my dad's family plan and my fiance is on her dad's family plan. I want to bring us both over to one of my own. I am planning on getting the Thunderbolt when it comes out, on a 2 year contract. And I want to put my fiance under my family plan and give her my original droid to use. Am I able to put her as month-to-month with no contract on my family plan? The reason I want to do this is because she is coming from a very crappy AT&T phone and will love the droid, and I'd like to save that upgrade on her line for down the road when a dual core phone catches my eye, so then I can give her my TB and I can upgrade to a new phone.

Is there a problem with me having a 2 year contract family plan, but putting her line as month-to-month with no contract so we can use an upgrade at a later date?

Thanks all!

fragilex21

Reaction score
No there shouldn't be an issue doing that. I was in a similar situation not too long ago myself. Sometimes I think it depends on how nice you are to the VZW rep when talking to them on the phone. They can do just about anything. So is your future wife ever going to get a new phone of her own?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
All of the contracts are singular and in no way attached to the family plan. You can move a contracted single line to a family plan with no trouble and it retains its contract status. You can move a month-to-month line to a family plan and it retains its status (as long as you have your own device).

If you decide to move off of the family plan, you can do that. You just have to continue service in some way per the contract.