Verizon officially announces the Verizon Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

akhi216

Reaction score
Muuuuuahahahahaha.......yeah, Verizon is the evil puppet master. We are all falling into their plan:(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yeah they convinced Google to allow them to load it with a record amount of bloatware...oh well, at least we can disable it with the disable app option in ICS. Lulz.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ozzie

Reaction score
Looks real nice, but did anyone catch this part?

"Customers that purchase the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data."

Man...bend over...not sounding very good to me...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looks real nice, but did anyone catch this part?

"Customers that purchase the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data."

Man...bend over...not sounding very good to me...

The 2gb data plan applies to all smartphones. Considering some members here are lucky enough to have unlimited still, I'm sure we'll be grandfathered into unlimited while new customers will have a 2bg cap. I believe $39.99 is the basic talk plan on Verizon as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
That's just a normal thing. I assume it refers to people who won't be paying full price, and do not currently have a contract.

I'm going to say this with bated breath, but yes I do think it is safe to assume certain things regarding verizon....lol

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
That's just a normal thing. I assume it refers to people who won't be paying full price, and do not currently have a contract.

I'm going to say this with bated breath, but yes I do think it is safe to assume certain things regarding verizon....lol

If not, it's back to storming VZW headquarters!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Oh believe me, they'll hear it if I get moved to a 2gb cap. 2gb is not enough! I'm in the first quarter of monthly cycle and I'm nearing 1gb already

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I bet it's gonna be few weeks after the RAZR , we all know how much VZ loves Moto , Nexus will eat into RAZR sales .

SniperDroid

Reaction score

Why can't we Storm the Headquarters anyway?

I waited for the 'Bionic', then, I waited for the SGSII... I'm a very patient little Droid, but
even My blood is begining to warm to an uncomfortable simmer.

Time for them to give up the phone!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I bet it's gonna be few weeks after the RAZR , we all know how much VZ loves Moto , Nexus will eat into RAZR sales .

Ill be quite content with my OG until the G-Nex beast comes out. It will, however, be interesting to see the sales comparisons between the G-Nex and the Razr though.

swikk

Reaction score
Given that only 20-30% of people have "smartphones" this is the standard sign up blurb. If you have an unlimited data plan, you will keep it. They made that clear when they announced the tiered plans earlier this year. If you currently have an unlimited data plan... you will stil have an unlimited data plan on the nexus. PERIOD. We unlimited data people are actually a very small percentage of VZW customers.

Sent from my Droid

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Wait so the unlimited data isnt 30? How much is unlimited data?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ill be quite content with my OG until the G-Nex beast comes out. It will, however, be interesting to see the sales comparisons between the G-Nex and the Razr though.

I would love to know sales numbers. Any idea where to find them?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

If you are grandfathered into unlimited data it's $29.99.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

$30/mo

Same pricing, but what used to be unlimited data is now 2gb. I believe the change happened last year?

The customers who currently have unlimited data are grandfathered into unlimited when they get a new contract.