Verizon offering replacement Razr or Resound. Yes or no?

brunla

Reaction score
I'm on 905, tried updating to 232 and it was a bust. Did not work, nearly bricked phone.
I have no 4G service at all anymore.

Verizon is willing to send me refurbished Razr or Resound. What are your thoughts? Do it or not? I have no experience with either of these phones and have no idea if they are problematic or good.

Advice from the troops?

lildeus

Reaction score
If its free get the Rezound i want to get a replacement but do not know how and I want it free

Knowguy

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation too...except I called and they said my phone was out of warranty...lol... Some people in customer service do not know what they are doing...either that our they followed a script to make me believe it wasn't so I wouldn't get a refurb... Anyways I would like to here everyones advice on this as well...i'm kinda leaning rezound but I hear durability is no where near moto...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
i'm kinda leaning rezound but I hear durability is no where near moto...

The Rezounds durability is great. Very solidly built. Now...to the op. If you choose to get a new phone and your choices are the Razr (not Maxx I'm assuming) and Rezound, get the Rezound. Both are good phones. (I am partial to HTC) The deciding factor is battery life. You can buy an extended battery for the Rezound. If you have any doubts go to a VZ store and try them both. I did and I hated the Razr. Too thin and it felt like it was going to break in my hands. I also didn't like the screen, the color was over-saturated and cartoonish looking. But that's my opinion of it. Now if they offer you the Maxx, that makes it harder to decide because the battery life issue is gone.

Knowguy

Reaction score
I doubt they are offering the MAXX... Thanks for the opinion though it really does help... but would you rather have a bionic or a rezound?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I doubt they are offering the MAXX... Thanks for the opinion though it really does help... but would you rather have a bionic or a rezound?

Are you asking me that or the OP?

smokeyrd

Reaction score
If you bring your issues directly to moto i know they are (or were) out of the razr so maxx is the only option. Moto will only help directly if you have a severe case and its well documented with vzw though

Tap tap tappin on my Razr MAXX

bobbyp

Reaction score
I had the same offer. I went with the RAZR but miss my Bionic. One son already had the RAZR and it runs almost the same. I am not an HTC fan and do like ICS on the RAZR and Bionic. Miss the extended battery thou very much. The Rezound is nice but the extended battery is way too big for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they offer Razr, let them know you carry an extra battery for the Bionic or have an extended battery. Tell them nothing short of the Maxx will do if you need to have a non-removable battery. Also let them know you would never trade a Motorola phone for an HTC....