Verizon offering early upgrades???

gnmitchell

Reaction score
If you wanted the Droid 2 it looks like this wouldn't work for you.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the cliff notes? I cannot view it on my droid screen

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gnmitchell

Reaction score
Can someone give me the cliff notes? I cannot view it on my droid screen

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It basically states that verizon is offering a one time upgrade on equipment between now and the end of June. You will have to agree to extend your contract for 2 more years etc..

OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I agree, if you just picked up a Droid using a 'special' upgrade you won't be able to use that to upgrade. My other question is why they're doing it now? You're not going to pull that many users to a new phone. Now if the Droid 2/Pro or whatever it's called was available then it would make sense. I don't see that happening before the deadline.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is considered a "special upgrade"? My two year contract was up and I used my NE2 to buy the Droid last November.

G

gatewayad

Went to both Verizon and Best Buy over the weekend with a copy of this, neither had ever seen it and Best Buy wouldn't honor it. Verizon corp. store did tell me that they do have a unannounced special running that you can upgrade any non smart phone even on a family plan to a smart phone at the 2 year price with an extended contract.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
it's like the "summer blowout - buy 3 tires get the 4th tire free" thing they have at pepboys, that turns into a winter sales event, back into a summer event, back into fall....

it's marketing - tell people it's "limited time only" and they rush out and buy it, only to see a different named sale, offering the same thing, the next time around for a new group of people....

gnmitchell

Reaction score
it's like the "summer blowout - buy 3 tires get the 4th tire free" thing they have at pepboys, that turns into a winter sales event, back into a summer event, back into fall....

it's marketing - tell people it's "limited time only" and they rush out and buy it, only to see a different named sale, offering the same thing, the next time around for a new group of people....

So True, but interesting they don't wait for their new android offerings to bring this out

jkayner

Reaction score

So True, but interesting they don't wait for their new android offerings to bring this out

that's the point, they want you to buy whatever is out now before the new product is out, then you will want to upgrade again but without the discount. :icon_evil:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't think this was a "special" promotion. I thought the policy has always been you can upgrade any time by just tacking on another 2-yrs. Maybe the penalty for cancellation varies, but why would they care rather you extend thru 2014 now or in 2 years? You're locked-in longer, they should prefer it.

I say it's just clever marketing making people think they're getting a deal when they aren't.

Now a real promotion would be canceling your current contract at no charge and signing a new one for 2yrs from today. Maybe that's what is meant, but not my understanding or reading.