Verizon offering early upgrades???

OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
it's like the "summer blowout - buy 3 tires get the 4th tire free" thing they have at pepboys, that turns into a winter sales event, back into a summer event, back into fall....

it's marketing - tell people it's "limited time only" and they rush out and buy it, only to see a different named sale, offering the same thing, the next time around for a new group of people....

So True, but interesting they don't wait for their new android offerings to bring this out

that's the point, they want you to buy whatever is out now before the new product is out, then you will want to upgrade again but without the discount. :icon_evil:

Agreed!!! This seems to be their business model.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
So True, but interesting they don't wait for their new android offerings to bring this out

that's the point, they want you to buy whatever is out now before the new product is out, then you will want to upgrade again but without the discount. :icon_evil:

Agreed!!! This seems to be their business model.
because it's been proven time and time again... that it works.

I got my Droid for 19.99 two weeks before the Incredible came out... it was a "this weekend only" sale. But who cares.... I knew what was going on, I always stay one behind the most current technology on purpose because it's cheaper, and it's not really that far behind

NVash

Reaction score
They already have early upgrades... if youre willing to pay full price. I clicked on here hoping I could get an R2D2 Droid and still keep my original Droid but I guess not.

Riddlin

Reaction score
I was suppose to wait another 6 months before an upgrade and the gal on the phone said well I guess I can give you an early upgrade if your interested. Got me the DX.