Verizon Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Bootloader Unlocked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Where there is a will there is a way, and once again well known Android security expert Beaups has shown us just how much will and determination he has! The Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon released with a locked bootloader while many assumed that root would eventually come for the device, as it did, many VZW Note 4 users never expected the Bootloader would ever be unlocked.

Thanks to Beaups of TheRoot.Ninja team along with the help of team mates including JCase no doubt we now have a bootloader unlock method for the Verizon Note 4. The exploit used takes advantage of the eMMC backdoor on Samsung devices. Many devices may be affected, but using the exploit for bootloader unlocking may only be limited to certain devices.

The way the exploit "SamDunk" works is by changing the eMMC CID to match one from a factory dev-edition device allowing for the bootloader to be unlocked. The entire exploit is outlined in full detail at the link below.

SamDunk info

How To Bootloader Unlock Verizon Note 4

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
gotta love it, an older device like this still getting some love.

I'll probably be buying one now as a backup/play device.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No freaking way. Doing this as soon as I get home. Gotta love the devs.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No freaking way. Doing this as soon as I get home. Gotta love the devs.

Sent from my Note 4

Would you be willing to video the process explaining it as you go? I'll feature your video on my youtube channel if so.

Reactions: CJM

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
This news consumed my whole day yesterday! I think I am going to go for it this weekend. Looks like there are some decent roms available also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Would you be willing to video the process explaining it as you go? I'll feature your video on my youtube channel if so.
I'm sorry man. The only camera I have is the phone, which obviously needed to be used during the process.. if I had any other way I'd gladly do it for you.

All is good here, works great. Last phone I had was the moto x dev and man have I missed roms

Sent from my Note 4