dePixel 8 Unlocks The Verizon and EE Pixel Bootloader!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize.php

As you all know by now "You can only get a Pixel on Verizon". Actually that isn't true at all, but Verizon would love for you to think that. You can actually get the PIxel unlocked which works with any other carrier directly from Google. The unlocked version from Google allows you to unlock your bootloader out of the box. The Verizon version on the other hand was meant to have it's bootloader locked down tight.

HTC has had a past of being pretty loose when it comes to security and locking down bootloaders. Beaups and Jcase of theroot.ninja, the team behind Sunshine S-Off method, has already released their method of bootloader unlocking for the Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL. Everything Everywhere is a UK based carrier who has also decided to lock down their bootloader. This method will work on that version of the Pixel as well. You can find full instructions and file downloads at the link below.

via TheRoot.Ninja

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Does the Google Store device also work on Verizon or does that one have to be from Verizon?

I'm not going to use it on Verizon but my coworker has one and is giving Project Fi a try and would go back to Verizon if it doesn't work out well (which it is actually).

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does work on Verizon

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Does the Google Store device also work on Verizon or does that one have to be from Verizon?

I'm not going to use it on Verizon but my coworker has one and is giving Project Fi a try and would go back to Verizon if it doesn't work out well (which it is actually).
Works on all providers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
dePixel8 works like a charm... The first time I ran it it said sorry didn't work this time. Did it again immediately after and bam, unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk