Verizon Pixel / Pixel XL Is Not Bootloader Unlockable

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You could say that this was to be expected. Why would Verizon allow a device with an unlockable bootloader on their network after all these years of dictatorial behavior in regards to locking down their devices. The last time we saw an unlockable bootloader on the network was the Galaxy Nexus back in the day. It has been confirmed that the Pixel and Pixel XL will not be bootloader unlockable on Verizon's network. If you want to easily root your Pixel or if you have any interest in flashing roms to the device you will want to head to the link below and pre-order the device direct from Google. The Google unlocked version of the device is a world phone and will work on both GSM and CDMA networks. This is the version I would recommend.

via Pixel

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
486468_483073481722110_439487325_n.jpg

I bought my Nexus 6P from Google, cut my Verizon SIM down to Micro-size, and it's worked flawlessly on Big Red's Fascist network, bootloader unlocked and rooted.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah Verizon can eat it... I'll keep buying unlocked phones and using them on their network. I haven't bought a phone from them since my Note 2 was new, and I will not buy ANOTHER phone from them... Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the moto z force droid.