LG G3 All Variants Rooted! Factory Unlocked Bootloader On Some Variants Confirmed!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 8.06.58 PM.png

One of the Android Exploit kings took to twitter today with some really exciting news for those of us who have either just received or have our LG G3 on pre order. "@TeamAndIRC" tweeted that he has root on the LG G3. When asked which version he stated that this will work on all variants and even most LG devices a few years old and newer. He also said that he has fixed TWRP and confirmed that the Bootloader comes Factory Unlocked. He has not mentioned which variant comes factory bootloader unlocked, but it should go without saying that this will not include the Verizon or AT&T variants. It should be noted that the root method has not yet been released, there is no ETA, and @TeamAndIRC has not even stated that this would be released.

This could be the sign of an extended olive branch from LG to developers. Maybe there will be a backdoor for bootloader unlock on the Verizon variant of the LG G3. Who knows. Bootloaders on Verizon have been unlocked recently, at least the HTC One M8 was unlocked pretty much instantly after release. If exploit experts like Jcase are even interested in this device we could have a bootloader unlock on the LG G3 for Verizon soon even if it doesn't ship this way. Either way this is an exciting device for anyone interested in Rooting and Roms.

UPDATE: Today @TeamAndIRC posted a tweet to clarify that the device that has been confirmed with an unlocked bootloader after gaining root is the T-mobile variant. While it is fun to dream I don't think anyone here believed that the Verizon or AT&T variants would ship with an unlockableable bootloader.

Last edited:

moosc

Reaction score
Oh man hope they dont hold it for ransom. Sold the one m7 over that debacle of trying to root it. My g2 was simple to root. Even with bootloader locked I can flash roms n kernel's

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This is great news. I would think if tweeted it will be released.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Partial optimism rising...For once in your existence, don't let me down Verizon.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP updated with clarification from Justin Case.

jwkware

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg g3
I just used towelroot to root my at&t LG G3.
Purchase phone at 745pm rooted by 755pm.