Verizon iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb7junkie

Reaction score
Verizon wireless customers!!!!
Here are a few things that Apple does not want you to know:

1). Insurance on the IPhone is $10.99 a month where it is $6.99 a month with other phones.

2). The insurance deductible on the iPhone is $139.99.
Other smart phones are only$89.
Dumb phones are only $39.

3). When you file an insurance claim, you don't get a new phone in the mail and then ship yours to them. You have to ship yours out first. Leaving you without a phone for up to 7 days.

4). You only have 14 days to decide if you are satisfied with the device. Instead of your regular 30 days.

These are just a few things that should influence your decision. Do your own research and you will find out much more.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon wireless customers!!!!
Here are a few things that Apple does not want you to know:

1). Insurance on the IPhone is $15.99 a month where it is $10.99 a month with other phones.

3). When you file an insurance claim, you don't get a new phone in the mail and then ship yours to them. You have to ship yours out first. Leaving you without a phone for up to 7 days.

4). You only have 14 days to decide if you are satisfied with the device. Instead of your regular 30 days.

These are just a few things that should influence your decision. Do your own research and you will find out much more.

Witht the exception of #4, that has nothing to do with Verizon. The other 3 are policies of Asurion the insurance provider. Good to know nevertheless.

Verizon's policy with all phones now is 14 days. The 30 day swap is gone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
#3 would be an impossibility - even a few days without a phone, they are asking a lot on that one

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
#3 would be an impossibility - even a few days without a phone, they are asking a lot on that one

I have a feeling that if you offer a credit card as a holder for your returned phone, they will ship it to you. Most every place does.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would hope so - ten years ago, no phone...sure - but this day and age...

dajogejr

Reaction score
Stop guiding the iPhone sheep...let them do their own research. LOL....
Just like the people selling their iphooey on ebay for $100 and shipping for $600 to $800...there are sheep everywhere.
You could argue with them that the sky is really blue and they'd tell you it's the color of Apple...

I will give Jobs credit, Apple has put in place measures to cover their a$$. NO doubt about it.

littlerick

Reaction score
1). Insurance on the IPhone is $15.99 a month where it is $10.99 a month with other phones.
i just bought the iphone for my wife and my insurance is 10.99 it is 6.99 on my droid x

all phones now have a 14 day instead of 30 days

OP
C

cb7junkie

Reaction score
The 14 day policy was changed for all phones because Apple set that standard for the iPhone and it wouldn't be "fair" to iPhone customers for other phone users to get 30 days.

Also, assurion is not handling the iPhone. The insurance comes from Apple.

I was incorrect about the exact prices of the monthly insurance. But I was correct in the amount difference. Monthly coverage for the iPhone is more than any other phone.

OP
C

cb7junkie

Reaction score
Apple will not accept a credit card as a retainer. It is their way or no way.

littlerick

Reaction score

the deductable is 169 for 16gb and 199 for 32gb

Apple will not accept a credit card as a retainer. It is their way or no way.
they do accept a credit card (i think its a $500 dollar hold)

Also, assurion is not handling the iPhone. The insurance comes from Apple.
i went to the asurion website and it had my wifes iphone so asurion is handling the insurance

i dont know why people like to post misinformation (like the parts i corrected earlier)

Last edited:
OP
C

cb7junkie

Reaction score
@ littlerick,

I apologise if you believe my info is wrong. My source is the store manager at my local Verizon (he is also my cousin). Tell me this though. If Apple isn't the deciding factor, then why is the insurance so much higher?

littlerick

Reaction score
@ littlerick,

I apologise if you believe my info is wrong. My source is the store manager at my local Verizon (he is also my cousin). Tell me this though. If Apple isn't the deciding factor, then why is the insurance so much higher?

i dont have to believe its wrong, i just went to the verizon wireless website and checked and saw directly from verizon you were wrong. also i never said it wasnt because of apple (the reason the insurance is higher) i just stated that it goes through asurion (which probably sends them to apple) but you claim it through them.

OP
C

cb7junkie

Reaction score
Well that would explain the price difference, it has to pass trough so many hands.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Smartphone insurance thru Asurion is $$7.99 a month... no clue where people are getting $10.99 from.

TEC Advanced Devices - Asurion 01/24 - 02/23 $7.99... straight from my bill.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smartphone insurance thru Asurion is $$7.99 a month... no clue where people are getting $10.99 from.

TEC Advanced Devices - Asurion 01/24 - 02/23 $7.99... straight from my bill.

Smartphone, yes. iPhone is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.