verizon hotspot workaround?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....yet another reason for me to hang onto my current phone until it dies.

But mostly I'm still waiting for a decent phone with almost no bezel and about a 5" screen.

OP
C

cjanicke

Reaction score
moto x4 works out of the box for anyone that doesn't mind hurting the feelings of those who replied above. I can't wait to see what the response is.

This information comes from another forum, not first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
moto x4 works out of the box for anyone that doesn't mind hurting the feelings of those who replied above. I can't wait to see what the response is.

No one's feelings should be hurt and there is no reason to argue about this all the time. We have had so many heated threads about this issue over the years, it has become ridiculous. If you have a phone and plan that allows it...great. Use the feature and enjoy it. Many of us don't have that available on our plan with our carrier, or have to switch to a new plan for it to work. If it's working for you now, great. Go for it! Hopefully that's all that needs to be said and we don't have another thread closed because members start lashing out at each other.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

good for you, IF what you say is true. It is not a phone, it is the plan that has legit throttling. I do know this, some plans change without notification. over a year ago, I did not have throttling as part of my plan. when I got my new phone, and was looking over my plan, I found I now have throttling.

will4958

Reaction score
I've had my Z2 Force since about last December, and was disappointed to find out the wireless feature in FoxFi doesn't work with Nougat and up. The cabled tether method still works fine, though, and if you have a wireless adapter that can do 5 gigahertz, you can still use FoxFi without physically connecting to your computer. The only downside is you'd have to use your PC as a 'router' if you use your phone's connection for other things like game systems or tablets. One thing, though, if you use Windows 10 and are on the Insider Preview set up, the most recent updates remove Homegroup, which means you can't use the Mobile Hotspot option within Windows 10, no matter how you use FoxFi/PdaNet+.

My advice, for those like me who use their phone as their only Internet connection, would be to either connect a wireless router to their computer, if they're using Windows 10, and have the router push the connection to your other devices. Also for those with the Z2 Force, the mobile hotspot through the phone is still good enough for playing online games, even if you get throttled down to 600 Kbps (which will happen if you're on Verizon and go past 15 gigs). The only thing that would take a long time at that speed would be downloading/installing/updating a game. Oh, and the throttled connection is still adequate for browsing the net, but not so much when streaming.

As for rooting this puppy, that may not be happening any time soon. The last post on xda-developers.com for this phone is from last November, and it didn't state anything about a working root process. As a comparison, I had my Note 4, also from Verizon, for about half a year or more before someone was able to crack that sucker and root it, and it was pretty locked down, too.