Verizon Gets a Big Lineup of New Phones Today: DroidX2, Xperia Play, Revolution

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I just clicked my voicemail shortcut, and it has a popup saying that i can subscribe to visual voicemail for $2.99 a month, which would lead me to believe that it's available on it.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Long story short: Buy this phone. Oh, and the UI seems like it took the best from the other UI's, and left out the crap (with the exception of Bing, whateva).

I compared the Revolution to the T-bolt and the Revolution isn't compatible with Visual Voicemail, so it's off my list. I really like the visual voice mail. I don't root my phone so I don't know if there's something else that is in the root world that would work like Visual Voicemail.

Have you tried using Google Voice? That transcribes voice mails and its totally free.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I just clicked my voicemail shortcut, and it has a popup saying that i can subscribe to visual voicemail for $2.99 a month, which would lead me to believe that it's available on it.

Guess it's another mis-print on the Verizon website. I compared the Revolution, T-bolt and Droid X2 and that was one of the only main differences that I saw that would cause me to NOT get the Revolution.

Guess I'm back to stupid Square One as to which phone to upgrade to. Dang it!

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Revo kills Tbolt on Quadrant (benchmarks), and is comparable with the DX2 (Revo is single Core, DX2 is Dual-Core, which tells you how heavy Moto's UI is), and the UI is much better than both IMO.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Long story short: Buy this phone. Oh, and the UI seems like it took the best from the other UI's, and left out the crap (with the exception of Bing, whateva).

I compared the Revolution to the T-bolt and the Revolution isn't compatible with Visual Voicemail, so it's off my list. I really like the visual voice mail. I don't root my phone so I don't know if there's something else that is in the root world that would work like Visual Voicemail.

Have you tried using Google Voice? That transcribes voice mails and its totally free.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

WHOA! Now you're wanting me to learn something new!? :icon_eek: I'd have to figure out all about Google Voice and stuff and how it works. I'm still pretty much a newbie on the Droid, even though I started with an Eris (which I DID like and had no problems with mine) and moved to the X. I just like to change the wallpaper every now and then and add games and apps to the thing. :) Anything else begins to sound like work! :blink:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesnt the tbolt get like 2000 quadrant and dx2 get like a 2500? The tbolt also has more ram and speed optimized interface.

Sent from my fascinate

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only phone you can compare to the DX2 in benchmarks is the Atrix or any other phones with a high res screen.

The individual parts in Quadrant, I dont really know. I thought the screen res only effected gpu scores?

This is why the iPhone 3GS does better in gaming benchmarks vs. the iPhone 4.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Stetsonaw...am I getting this right. 1gb (629.50MB used, 369.62MB free) of ram!? That is awesome. I am gonna stop bad mouthing this phone now. Ram makes all the difference. I though someone had told me it was only 512. What does elixir say for available ram?

Will you be theming for this phone? Any developers on this phone yet?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
what's elixer?

I'll be theming it if somebody makes a rom for it that i like... but i really like the phone as it is, lol, just needs root! oh wait... :) Somebody has to figure out the recovery though, the only option in it is Factory Reset.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Elixir is an app that displays system data. 1gig ram shows promise. I will keep an eye on its development.

Sent from my fascinate

AstroBoy

Reaction score

try Youmail. It does transcribing as well. It has a 7 message trial period for the transcription plus a whole lot of other features. transcription is something like 1.99 /month. I'm using it on my BB Storm 2 without the transcription and I like it. Going to trade up to an Android based phone and Revo is looking like it.

Abadus

Reaction score

try Youmail. It does transcribing as well. It has a 7 message trial period for the transcription plus a whole lot of other features. transcription is something like 1.99 /month. I'm using it on my BB Storm 2 without the transcription and I like it. Going to trade up to an Android based phone and Revo is looking like it.

Google Voice is free and transcribes voice mail as well.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Installing it, well, over the cloud, phone is in the car. will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks man

Sent from my fascinate
Elixir says 512mb :(

but still frikkin fast. Only apps i've found that are slow to open are the useless "desk clock" (Installed the AOSP version, much better) and the games, like Lets's Golf 2 (which is really fun, but you only get 2 holes with it)