Verizon Gets a Big Lineup of New Phones Today: DroidX2, Xperia Play, Revolution

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
may26_vzw_newphone_lineup.jpg

Verizon is getting a serious "influx of new talent" in smart-phones today. Their new lineup of phones that release today are the LG Revolution, the Motorola Droid X2, and the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, and yes even that Windows Phone, the HTC Trophy. What do you guys think of these? Share with us in the forums which, if any, of these new phones you plan on getting.

Photo Source: Engadget

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick up the X2 today. And they have an accessory bundle for 49.99 which looks insane. (chargers, docks, car mount)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think I'm going to pick up the X2 today. And they have an accessory bundle for 49.99 which looks insane. (chargers, docks, car mount)

Oh nice. I may to and grab that accessory bundle. I have a dock ta home, but want one in my office too. Same with charger. Would love a car mount. Everytime i brake too hard, the damn phone goes sliding who knows where.

Wish I could get a DX2. I have a DX. I like the stats, but frankly, my DX still rocks my socks (minus the bootloader).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
X2 looks sweet..but it comes with dial up internet right :) I might get it off contract so I can save my upgrade for a REAL 4g phone. I can always run the DX2 of my wireless I guess.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X2 is on my list of phones for this year. I will wait til July, Aug rolls around to hear if anything drops later in the year.

Too much later in the year and I should just get a phone now and upgrade next year.

justicw

Reaction score
BIG LINEUP!!!! Give me a break Old tech Old reused rebranded phones come on $250 bucks!!! give me a break... No new news here just old rehashed crap. The only Tegra phone has NO front facing camra and NO 4G. the only 4G phone is the same old Tbolt specs that has been out FOREVER (Evo4g anyone). ::sigh:: I've been waiting for ever know for a GOOD phone with 4g, front facing camera, dual core, 8Mp plus main camera, HDMI Mirroring. Oh wait that was the Bionic.... I guess I should get the atrix... Wait I hate Tier plans... OOOPS Verizon is going to tier plans probably JUST as the release the GOOD phones lol WEEEE What a ride!!! :p :3

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just so people know. I was thinking of switching carriers, and still might. But I am finding in my area at least that Att has a very horrible network. Sprint is ok and Verizon has the best coverage. Too bad Verizon has some pretty limited phones right now.

BTW the Revo has worse specs than the TB

armeddroid

Reaction score
BIG LINEUP!!!! Give me a break Old tech Old reused rebranded phones come on $250 bucks!!! give me a break... No new news here just old rehashed crap. The only Tegra phone has NO front facing camra and NO 4G. the only 4G phone is the same old Tbolt specs that has been out FOREVER (Evo4g anyone). ::sigh:: I've been waiting for ever know for a GOOD phone with 4g, front facing camera, dual core, 8Mp plus main camera, HDMI Mirroring. Oh wait that was the Bionic.... I guess I should get the atrix... Wait I hate Tier plans... OOOPS Verizon is going to tier plans probably JUST as the release the GOOD phones lol WEEEE What a ride!!! :p :3

The EVO 4g and Tbolt are not the same specs.

justicw

Reaction score

Are they not both 1Ghz snapdragons?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Would love a car mount. Everytime i brake too hard, the damn phone goes sliding who knows where.

That's one of the reasons why I keep my phone charging when I driving. It's like a leash that I can use to pull the dang phone back to me when it goes flying across the front of my car!

Gunslinger

Reaction score

Oh is that what specs means? Just the processor? I could've sworn that specifications refers to pretty much every attribute of the device, like RAM, camera, battery, screen size, pixel density, weight, size, etc.

Thanks for enlightening me! [/sarcasm]

kyler13

Reaction score

I think the T-bolt is 1.2GHz, but they're definitely not the same generation. The T-bolt is an updated core Snapdragon with a newer GPU which means it'll perform better across the board.

King_Bean

Reaction score

hahaha

I would go to Sprint but I don't want to be stuck on a network that has the slowest 4G speeds a year and a half from now.