Verizon Gets a Big Lineup of New Phones Today: DroidX2, Xperia Play, Revolution

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
LG Revolution's bootloader is unlocked. Just waiting to see if the kernel is as well. Picking it up as soon as i can sell my R2Droid2... any takers? lol

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me...a phone with Bing is a huge nuisance. The Revolution will pretty much have to be rooted to get rid of its flaws.

Sent from my fascinate

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Trust me...a phone with Bing is a huge nuisance. The Revolution will pretty much have to be rooted to get rid of its flaws.

Sent from my fascinate
You can install Google Apps through the market, they're not blocked like on the Fascinate.
I would guess that LG didn't want to agree to Google's terms for getting Google Apps on the Revolution.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
You can, but the search key still defaults to the Bing, worst case, Root it, then freeze everything Bing with Titanium Backup. Problem solved.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Think of the Bionic as VZW's Atrix. And who knows WHEN that unicorn is going to come out. Granted, i'll be on it like a fat kid on an ice cream sundae, but until then... Heck, i'd ALMOST put a fire out with my face for that thing.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
loving my x2 so far. I do miss my OG Droid already though...

I grabbed an X2 as well. Coming off the Imagio, any phone woulda been better. I have been eying the Reov since CES in Jan. When I heard it was Binged, I said no way. Not much of a rooter, so didnt want to go that route. Although I enjoyed the Sense on the Imagio, I do not have any problems with Blur.
I live in NW Iowa, so 4G will not be here until a woman is president! So, 3G with dual core is top of the line for me.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Droid Bionic......Here!
Does anyone know if VZW is getting the Atrix?

Why would they want a phone that's around half a year old?

Oh wait, they did get the iPhone 4 at the beginning of the year...

But really, there's no reason for them to get the Atrix with the Bionic around the corner. The original Bionic was supposed to have specs pretty close to the Atrix, and now the updated version is supposed to surpass the original specs.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Picked up my Revo today, gotta say, i'm impressed. Only reason i've found that it needs Root right away is to de-bing the search button. the other stuff (like bing maps and bing search bar) can easily be ignored/removed from the homescreen.

Music pulldown on the lock screen
lock screen notifications that you can slide to the bottom to open
Toggles and music widget in the notification pulldown
contacts app is the same as AOSP, just skinned.
phone quality is great
Bluetooth is 3.0, which sends track info to my bluetooth stereo in my car (D1 and D2 only had play/pause, track skip functionality). This shows Artist/Album/Track on the stereos display, along with the pause/play/skip buttons working of course, and the Repeat and Shuffle buttons on my receiver also work with it.
Stock Swype
Great looking weather widget
Flippin fast compared to the TBolt and the Charge, and Benches the same as the DX2 in quadrant.

Boohoo, bing, install google search and google maps. problem solved.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Revo today, gotta say, i'm impressed. Only reason i've found that it needs Root right away is to de-bing the search button. the other stuff (like bing maps and bing search bar) can easily be ignored/removed from the homescreen.

Music pulldown on the lock screen
lock screen notifications that you can slide to the bottom to open
Toggles and music widget in the notification pulldown
contacts app is the same as AOSP, just skinned.
phone quality is great
Bluetooth is 3.0, which sends track info to my bluetooth stereo in my car (D1 and D2 only had play/pause, track skip functionality). This shows Artist/Album/Track on the stereos display, along with the pause/play/skip buttons working of course, and the Repeat and Shuffle buttons on my receiver also work with it.
Stock Swype
Great looking weather widget
Flippin fast compared to the TBolt and the Charge, and Benches the same as the DX2 in quadrant.

Boohoo, bing, install google search and google maps. problem solved.

Questions about the Revo:

How much available Ram is there? The DX2 and Fascinate for instance advertise 512mbs of Ram, but really only around 400 is available for apps.

Battery life?

Does the HDMI mirroring work well?

What quadrants are you getting? And how does it translate to real world use? Is there lag.

Also it sounds like they took TouchWiz and Miui and mixed them together for their interface because all those things in status bar are available on Samsung phones and lockscreen stuff on miui.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Questions about the Revo:

How much available Ram is there? The DX2 and Fascinate for instance advertise 512mbs of Ram, but really only around 400 is available for apps.

Battery life?

Does the HDMI mirroring work well?

What quadrants are you getting? And how does it translate to real world use? Is there lag.

Also it sounds like they took TouchWiz and Miui and mixed them together for their interface because all those things in status bar are available on Samsung phones and lockscreen stuff on miui.
Looking at the system/app folder, 1gb (629.50MB used, 369.62MB free)
Internal Memory
Total space - 12.01gb for Market Apps
Internal Phone Storage
Available Space - 1.31gb (not sure what the difference is between this and system/app)

Battery life I haven't had off charger long enough yet, and it's also not charged.

Quadrant pulls in the 1800s, haven't removed any widgets from homescreens or experienced any lag.

Haven't tried the hdmi mirroring yet. Will report back when I do.

Long story short: Buy this phone. Oh, and the UI seems like it took the best from the other UI's, and left out the crap (with the exception of Bing, whateva).

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Long story short: Buy this phone. Oh, and the UI seems like it took the best from the other UI's, and left out the crap (with the exception of Bing, whateva).

I compared the Revolution to the T-bolt and the Revolution isn't compatible with Visual Voicemail, so it's off my list. I really like the visual voice mail. I don't root my phone so I don't know if there's something else that is in the root world that would work like Visual Voicemail.