Verizon fall roadmap leaked: 10 MP Android, BlackBerry Storm 3 and Curve 3, tablets..

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Some more handset names rumored to be included this fall, but so far we just know the names and no specs..

HTC Speedy, HTC Blitz (CDMA), HTC Mecha, and HTC Spade

lonzom10

Reaction score
got a chance to play with the samsung galaxy s on verizon's network last night. unfortunately it's still running 2.1 but still very snappy. about the size of the droid x only thinner. too bad it's not 4g/LTE...i'll try to snap a pic of it next time i see my buddy.

I assume your friend is a tester for VZ... if so, could you ask him what the hold up is? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

taz1458

Reaction score
Actually think I may disbandon my Droid 1 & get the Samsung Fascinate. For some reason my Droid just gets more and more laggy every day. Runs perfect one minute and crappy the next.

clucernoni

Reaction score
I wonder what the HTC merge's screen size is...I'm hoping for a Droid X size screen with top notch specs to come out around the end of the year for my upgrade.If it is 4.3ish and has a nice screen that may be my next phone, sorry moto...the droid pro is looking less and less impressive.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Actually think I may disbandon my Droid 1 & get the Samsung Fascinate. For some reason my Droid just gets more and more laggy every day. Runs perfect one minute and crappy the next.

Unfortunately the Samsung Fascinate isn't being released until October..So shortly after the Pro and Merge will be released..I wonder why verizon is delaying the release SOOO much..

ebe3692

Reaction score

wonder if it will have TouchWiz, though - that may be a dealbreaker for me if it is not easily rootable.
or for that matter, how reliable is the rumor that the droid pro wont have motoblur?
i really hate these pointless UI overlays...

Googleaddict

Reaction score

wonder if it will have TouchWiz, though - that may be a dealbreaker for me if it is not easily rootable.
or for that matter, how reliable is the rumor that the droid pro wont have motoblur?
i really hate these pointless UI overlays...

All of the other Galaxy S devices have been easily rooted and roms are already coming out, so rooting it wont be a problem.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
As for the HTC Merge and Droid Pro, still waiting to hear about physicial keyboards, altho the pro is rumored not to have one..

All the rumors I've read have said the opposite, gotta love rumors :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
No one mentioned the XT610. Looks like a dumbed-down Droid X. Same size screen but considered mid-end.

Even though I have a DX I am real curious about the Droid Pro. I am really wondering if they will keep with the same aspect ration as the DX with the 4" screen size. I know when I played with the Samsung Captivate with a 4" screen it looked so small compared to my X. Taller and more narrow might be better.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
personally i hope the droid pro does NOT come out anytime soon. if its touchscreen like my X and has a little more features for biz, its going to cost me another $500 + bucks.... :(

Googleaddict

Reaction score
personally i hope the droid pro does NOT come out anytime soon. if its touchscreen like my X and has a little more features for biz, its going to cost me another $500 + bucks.... :(

Sorry but between now and January of next year, SOOO many new phones are coming out...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE="2"]I was just about to replace my original Droid due to cracks. Guess I'll save my money for the Droid Pro even though it'll be a while. And damn, tablet afterwards. Maybe someone could pick me up one for the holidays. Lol. [/SIZE][/FONT]

dwagner88

Reaction score
OMG! The Blackberry Storm 3! So long Android!

/s

Seriously though, did anybody even buy a Storm 2? It came out at the same time as the Droid if memory serves me correctly.