Verizon fall roadmap leaked: 10 MP Android, BlackBerry Storm 3 and Curve 3, tablets..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

In September, the Motorola Droid 2 World Edition will make its debut. We’ve heard about this device yesterday, and now we seem to have a release time frame. This is the version of the Droid 2 that has support for both CDMA and GSM, making it a ‘global roaming’ .

Also in September, the Motorola WX445 Citrus will be made official, this is a youth-oriented -powered phone that we’ve seen once before, and will probably be appealing to those on a tight budget.

Some new featurephones will make their way to Verizon in September as well. They are the LG Octane VN530 (touchscreen), the LG VN270 (which may be a replacement for the LG Cosmos), the Crux and the ZTE Salute. All of these will be competing primarily on price, and not fancy features.

In mid to late October, the BlackBerry Storm 3 9570 will be released. It will run BlackBerry OS 6, but still come with the SurePress touchscreen of its predecessors, instead of going for the more widely-adopted capacitive touchscreen tech like the recently released BlackBerry Torch 9800.

The new BlackBerry Curve 3 9330 may also hit stores in October.

Also in October, the Samsung Fascinate will finally be available. This represents a delay from the previous rumors surrounding this device which had it pegged for a late September release.

Be it September or October, it’s really hard to understand why Verizon keep delaying the launch of their version of the Galaxy S, since all their competitors already sell theirs. I can only think this has something to do with not cannibalizing Droid X sales. Anyway, bad news if you wanted a Galaxy S on Verizon.

Alongside the Fascinate and the previously-seen lower-end Samsung Gem Android smartphone comes the Samsung Continuum I400, which will fit nicely in between the aforementioned devices as it is a midranger.

Still in October, which is gearing up to be one of the busiest months for Verizon in recent times, the XT610 will see the light of day. This will probably be yet another Android smartphone, with a screen size similar to that of the Droid X, but lesser specs such as a 3.2 or 5MP camera and a slower processor. It should get priced as a midrange smartphone, in the $100-$150 range, which may make it interesting for a lot of people.

Another possible October launch could be the Motorola A957, which, according to yesterday’s rumors, is the Droid Pro. Today’s info is a bit confusing in this regard, since there’s mention that it could be branded “Sick”. One way or the other, there’s no further info on this one just yet.

And finally for October, the Palm Pre 2 may make its debut, although every single detail about this phone is being kept under wraps, it seems. Whatever the specs, just the fact that HP won’t be abandoning the smartphone world to focus exclusively on tablets with webOS is good news.

November will be tablet month on Verizon.

The Motorola MZ600, first talked about yesterday, will be available, as will a Samsung tablet dubbed the I800. Of the two, the Samsung may be the one with the larger screen. This Samsung tablet may or may not be the Galaxy Tab we keep hearing about. That was rumored to have the model number P1000 at one point. That may have changed. Or I800 could be the model designation for its CDMA version. Or this could be another device altogether. This remains to be seen.

A dual screen e-reader plus Android tablet called the enTourage eDGe is also set to launch in November, alongside a little brother called enTourage Pocket.

Last, but definitely not least, in November we’ll see a 10 MP camera-equipped Android smartphone from HTC, the HTC Merge, show up on Verizon. This device will sport a processor of unknown speed, but definitely above the 1 GHz which is more or less the norm today in the high-end smartphone space.

All in all, as has been the case recently, Verizon is banking a lot on Android, with many different form factor devices coming in at many different prices to satisfy all smartphone-related needs that Big Red’s customers may have. At least until that CDMA iPhone will launch, if ever.

It will be interesting to find out what Verizon have got planned for December, given the holiday shopping season and all that, but I’m sure that it will leak at some point soon, as has this roadmap you’ve just read about and the many before it.

Via Phone Arena
Via:Unwiredview

Last edited:

bd1212

Reaction score
Awesome news! I wonder what the other specs on the HTC Merge will be... sounds kick ass! I bet it's loaded with a dual-core processor at 1.3 GHz. ;D

nhat

Reaction score
got a chance to play with the samsung galaxy s on verizon's network last night. unfortunately it's still running 2.1 but still very snappy. about the size of the droid x only thinner. too bad it's not 4g/LTE...i'll try to snap a pic of it next time i see my buddy.

noisufnoc

Reaction score
I'm holding out on upgrading my D1, Bugless and Cyanogen have both kept my original Droid interesting.

I really hope that the Moto tablet is called "slab" or "stingray", I've already parked some creative domain names ;D

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sucks for the people who had the D1 but upgraded to the X already :p.

Not really, I'm quite happy with my X. 1Ghz runs so smooth and 8MP is a very sharp picture. Though I am quite a tech junkie, there comes a point where bigger numbers are just that, bigger numbers. Unless there is software (future Android OS maybe) that actually requires that power, its 'potential' is untouched.

R

RETG

Maybe I should call Verizon and say, "thanks," for not letting me upgrade right away and making me wait until Dec 2 to upgrade.:)

That HTC merge sounds interesting, as well as a rumored Droid Pro. Not looking for LTE, since I'm sure where I live, it will be one of the last places to be turned on to LTE. (One disadvantage of living in a desertdancedroid.)

Just give me a 4"screen or larger and some speed, and this guy will be selling his BB Tour on ebay in Dec.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am a little confused, isn't the D2 R2D2 edition coming out in September. I don't understand why they would release a D2 world phone around the same time unless that phone is it. I could believe that being that Star Wars fanatics are world wide.

On the other hand, Verizon is releasing a plethora of new phones in the next coming months. It makes it interesting for a D1 owner with an upgrade just waiting to be used. I love my D1, but eventually I will probably have to get something with a 1+ghz processor. Even though I am rooted. My wife's Dinc is really smooth.

marmarinou

Reaction score
I am a little confused, isn't the D2 R2D2 edition coming out in September. I don't understand why they would release a D2 world phone around the same time unless that phone is it. I could believe that being that Star Wars fanatics are world wide.

The WE (World Edition) is the A956 per the BGR screen shots.

So the A957 could be the R2D2 edition ...

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
got a chance to play with the samsung galaxy s on verizon's network last night. unfortunately it's still running 2.1 but still very snappy. about the size of the droid x only thinner. too bad it's not 4g/LTE...i'll try to snap a pic of it next time i see my buddy.

I have the tmobile one and the screen on it is amazing its like being right there.

BigMace23

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the moto droid pro & the htc merge, they sound awesome. And guess what else should be coming out around then... GINGERBREAD!!!!!! Looks like its gonna be an awesome holiday season for phone lovers.

accellpo

Reaction score
I'm done with phones for a while. The DX is awesome! Just give us 2.2! And a dope tablet for the holidays!

sailor 99

Reaction score
I am very disappointed in Blackberry for falling so far behind their competitors at Verizon. I am a 10 year Blackberry customer currently using the Storm 2, but seriously think about switching to the DROID X.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am very disappointed in Blackberry for falling so far behind their competitors at Verizon. I am a 10 year Blackberry customer currently using the Storm 2, but seriously think about switching to the DROID X.

Alot BB users have said the same thing..

As for the HTC Merge and Droid Pro, still waiting to hear about physicial keyboards, altho the pro is rumored not to have one..