Verizon Email Problems...Help!

jfl007

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem or is it just my phone? My droid is set up with a Verizon email account. It has a mind of its own. Several issues: I will delete messages and it will send it back unread. I will read messages and save it. It will erase everything I saved and later send it all back unread. It will not receive any new messages unless I kill the app and turn it on again. I check several messages and press mark read, come back later and they are all marked unread. My account is marked as to delete from server as I delete from my Droid. And of course it doesn't have a delete all button to clear the trash folder (any apps or updates on the way for this). My wife has her phone set up with a Yahoo email account and doesn't seem to have this problem. Now, Droid sold and made for Verizon, what's with all the problem a Verizon email account? Is it just my phone? Help !!! I'm getting really frustrated !

mr t

Reaction score
same problem, extremely frustrating, 2nd droid. tried master reset, deleting and adding email account, verizon IT cannot figure it out, phone is great except for this problem

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Are you using the stock email app? I've been fed up with similar issues with yahoo. The general consensus is to use gmail or switch to the K9 mail app. I've been using K9 for a couple of days and it's growing on me...much better than the stock app.

mr t

Reaction score
Using Verizon yahoo pop 3. Have 2 gmails on the phone that work fine.

OP
J

jfl007

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a new phone tomorrow. I hope it's the phone that's giving the problem. I don't understand why we have to resort to all these changes. It's a phone made for Verizon. If there's any problems with emails, it would be with other and not Verizon email accounts? This is ridiculous and if this second phone doesn't work, I'm just going to switch to another phone.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Sorry, but it's a motorola phone and VZW is only the carrier. It's not the phone, it's the software. The Droid does not have a "great" stock email app...it's not stable with POP3, IMAP IDLE or some others.

K9 has fixed my yahoo (free) account to an acceptable level of performance.

I just did a test with the stock app...all the email tests sent from my phone on the 19th just got filtered to my yahoo account this morning. Also the emails that I deleted off of the phone just reappeared in the yahoo account this morning.

So far with K9, my emails are going through and anything deleted stays deleted. Until I make the switch to Gmail exclusively and the stock app is still buggy, I will continue to use K9.

Your Gmail works because of the way Google has set up the account/email push...it's almost a true push.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Simple solution, don't use crappy email providers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Simple solution, don't use crappy email providers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And the slow clap begins...dancedroid

Thanks for the insight, unfortunately some of us have used these "crappy" email providers for small business long before the smartphone was ever invented. :icon_ banana:

mr t

Reaction score
I dont understand what a crappy email provider is I guess. I have had the same verizon yahoo email for 5 years and have never had a problem with it. I had 3 different models of blackberrys that were seamlessly connected to the same verizon email before the droid. Are you saying my smartphone that retails for $600 cant do the one thing that a smartphone should be able to do well? Someone from Verizon or Motorola, please feel free to chime in. This phone has some horrible email problems which aren't being addressed.

OP
J

jfl007

Reaction score
My sentiment exactly. Never had any problems with my emails with all my other previous phones. Had the Storm and few others and never encountered any problems. Obviously the email problems with this phone is not just limited to a few people. After hearing all this, I'm guessing the new phone is not going to solve the issue. I'm not about to spend all this money for a phone that can't even provide a simple function. If this new phone doesn't work, I'm going to definitely demand a new phone of equal value. I should even get a credit for all the headache with no/bad service. :icon_evil:

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Been round and round with VZW tech and cs...as well as yahoo tech. Bottom line is Google does not play nice with yahoo. Yahoo doesn't care cause it's not an iPhone. VZW will tell you that yahoo is not supported but is accessible and if there are issues, it's not there problem. Google wants you to switch to Gmail.

If I would have known this issue...I might have been tempted with at&t, but that service stinks and their phone doesn't multi task.

Try k9...like I said, it's growing on me and yahoo works.

OP
J

jfl007

Reaction score
My problem is with Verizon.net emails. Actually my wife has the same phone and she uses Yahoo email account and seems to be working fine. Let me ask you a dumb question. If I use other K9 or Gmail, can I still keep the verizon email address and have it filter through? Cause I have too many people that know my email address to switch.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
You can filter them through Gmail, or you can try k9 as a stand alone app instead of the stock app.