Verizon blocking Google Voice all of a sudden?

elgordo123

Reaction score
I've been trying to call out with google voice all day today. Both just hitting "call with google voice" and also by trying to call my google voice# and get out, However if I go to google voice website and click call using my cell it works. (I have both my google voice# and the forwarding # as friends and family, but I dont think that matters at all).

Every time I get "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, the number has been changed or disconnected...." whenever I click "Call using google voice" or calling my google voice # from my phone.

Is anyone else having this problem all of a sudden?

Thanks!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hmm I ust tried calling my house # with my droid and google voice, went thru fine. But last week google voice didnt work, just kept going to voice mail. It has some glitches, I bet wait a few hours it will work.. or reinstall google voice on your phone too, i did that also if I remember right.

techguru

Reaction score
I had some issues last week and had a problem using the web callback method to make a long distance personal call from work on monday (took forever to get the call back, and would disconnect in one ring). I suspect google may be having some capacity issues (which also explains why invites have been hard to find lately)

T-Slice

Reaction score
Me too times two

I have a rooted Droid on BuglessBeast Froyo

and a co-worker has a rooted Droid on BuglessBeast Eclair

I tried to set him up with google voice and he got one test voicemail from me fine yesterday afternoon. I went to test it again this afternoon and there is no greeting, then a minute later it says "Verizon Wirelss, this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service"

I thought it was something I did to his phone BUT NOW MINE is NOT working either?

What gives Verizon?

miosis

Reaction score
I just tested out several Voice functions and everything is normal.