Verizon Announces List of Devices to Receive Ice Cream Sandwich

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
vzwics.png

This is a huge step in the right direction for Big Red. There may be no release dates associated with their press release, but the acknowledgment of what devices will receive the update is a step in the right direction.​

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe the TB is on the list.

Tapatalkin' from my chargin' Charge

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I honestly can't believe the TB is on the list.

lol yeah I was surprised myself. It's pretty darn cool it made it on the list. Good on Verizon :)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to rely on CM9 until my upgrade!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
D3 owners have to be pissed

Edit: Well, I guess D3 isn't "4G LTE", but a couple HTC devices on that list don't have 4G. Maybe They'll put out a complete list with the D3 and X2 on it. It'd be a crying shame if they didn't get the update.

curtdragon

Reaction score
Saw this over a week ago, the full list shows them 3rd quarter or later. No plans for the Droid X, X2 or Droid 3 at all

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would've liked to have seen the Charge on the list, but I wasn't expecting it.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Looks like Verizon has just taken Manufacturers announcements and put together a "list". Nothing different being said than what we've seen so far....

At the top they state "list of 4G LTE devices" but then have a few 3G devices in the list......and both of those have been listed by HTC as getting ICS.

The list from Motorola is the same as on Motorola's site.....though they have those listed as "Evaluation and planning"........as well as the Droid X2 and Droid 3.

So far....nothing to see here....

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Unreal

No d3. Just another reason to never buy moto again. EVER.

But to be honest I dont really care any more. As long as they update my system to fix the damn camera issues Ill be fine. But for now, the Camera ICS+ is doing the trick. I could honestly care less about ICS. Im over it. I really am. Or so I will keep telling my self. Until 2013 March when I can upgrade it.

never buy moto again

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
D3 owners have to be pissed

Edit: Well, I guess D3 isn't "4G LTE", but a couple HTC devices on that list don't have 4G. Maybe They'll put out a complete list with the D3 and X2 on it. It'd be a crying shame if they didn't get the update.

I am pissed. I said **** it and bought an iPhone

B

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No d3. Just another reason to never buy moto again. EVER.

But to be honest I dont really care any more. As long as they update my system to fix the damn camera issues Ill be fine. But for now, the Camera ICS+ is doing the trick. I could honestly care less about ICS. Im over it. I really am. Or so I will keep telling my self. Until 2013 March when I can upgrade it.

never buy moto again
So I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands (so to speak) -- first, my Transformer is now running ICS, and second, I stopped into the local Verizon store and played with the D4 for 20 minutes.

Plus I also installed AOKP ICS on my D3 for a bit (decided to go back to stock).

As a whole, I have to say I'm a lot more chill about owning the D3. I WAS ABSOLUTELY LIVID back in December when launch of the D4 was imminent, but after getting a taste of ICS, plus seeing that the D4 is a great phone but not drop-dead gotta-have-it-now awesome, it doesn't bother me nearly as much to see the D3 probably won't get ICS. Like everyone else, I'll wait until there's a bug-free ICS ROM, and just do it myself. Sure I'm bitter about Motorola too -- but in 18 months I'll swap up to the best-fitting phone I can find, regardless of manufacturer. Of course, my expectations on long-term support will be as low as they can go, but that's life on the bleeding edge.

-Matt

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
No Droid 3??? It has only been out for 8 months! And yesterday cereal killer said this in response to Terry Myerson slam on android
"Mr Myers should think of getting a job in politics because on both counts, he couldn't be further from the truth. Android handsets are regularly updated, maybe not on the enthusiasts timeline of when they feel it's right, but nonetheless, the handsets are updated"
Well the Droid 3 hasn't had an update worth **** yet!

geoff5093

Reaction score
I can't wait! Hopefully now dev's will be able to create a fully functional ICS ROM! CM9!

skennelly

Reaction score
I was hoping to see the DX on the list, but knew it would never happen.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
The typical consumer couldn't even say what dessert they're running right now....let's not kid ourselves!

If you're reading this message board....your phone is probably rooted OR you're waiting for your manufact. warranty to end so you can do so. You're also probably monitoring hte forums for a stable ICS build.

You're also probably one of the types who quickly does the tricks to get the OTA updates asap!

Quit acting like this is some horrible disaster! Everyone w/a strong enough phone will be able to get ICS...either OTA, or via this forum. While the typical Android user will go "Hey...do you know how to get free apps??? Where can I find out???"

Or "Look at how I customized my phone!" (Shows their stock phone running some widgets and something to change the icons a bit)