Verizon and Lextech Team-up for Mobile Video Surveillance Over 3G & 4G

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lextech-verizon.jpg

There is a new, high-tech real-time video surveillance system in the works. Verizon announced a business partnership today with a company called Lextech to market an advanced video surveillance system that operates remotely over Verizon's 3G and 4G networks. The technology allows live video feeds to your smartphone or tablet using Verizon's networks. Here's a snippet from the press release:
Lextech’s C3 unlocks the full potential of video surveillance by distributing real-time video for entities that need to act and make instant decisions, including police, security teams, building management and field workers, in virtually any situation that requires real-time monitoring.

Recent upgrades to the C3 product line include the ability to view recorded and live video in a split-screen format. C3 has a built-in capability to optimize the delivery of video over the Verizon Wireless 3G and 4G networks.

“Running on Verizon Wireless’ reliable network, Lextech’s C3 gives our customers, such as federal, state and local authorities, the ability to look around corners through buildings and onto rooftops, by providing the access to control and view the video from an IP camera with a Verizon Wireless smartphone or tablet regardless of their physical location,” said Bryan Schromsky, associate director, Federal Government Data Solutions for Verizon Wireless. “This virtual capability improves safety and knowledge of a situation in order to make decisions smarter and faster than ever before.”
This seems both useful and potentially scary as well. What do you guys think?

Source: Verizon - Lextech Mobile Video Surveillance Over 3G & 4G - Full Press Release

hobbes105

Reaction score
This has already been possible for a while now using existing apps and cctv hardware. I have set this up for myself and some of my customers using apps such as Total Control, IP Cam Viewer, and a few others.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
So Verizon says that network traffic is too high and has to change to tiered pricing for its customers yet it is going to flood the network with video surveillance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you see, this is being designed with higher authorities in mind, so think of it as all of us getting screwed for the greater good. lol :)

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So Verizon says that network traffic is too high and has to change to tiered pricing for its customers yet it is going to flood the network with video surveillance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These were my thoughts exactly!

riko540

Reaction score
I thought this sort of thing was already possible?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is you can do this kind of stuff already but with them pushing it to business's now they will suck up huge amounts of bandwidth on a "Security Pack" and we will get metered access at rediculas prices.

Honestly, if LTE does not create value for me I'm going to trial Sprint's WiMax or AT&T's HSPA+. They'll make some more money on the right, lose more than that on the left, and pretty quickly they'll be alarmed over stagnating or declining revenues.