Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

Mojo

Reaction score
Ok can someone from Verizon plz answer this question.... My upgrade date is 8/25/10, my contract end date isn't until 2012, CAN I UPGRADE MY DROID TO DROID X EARLY???

Based on the document leaked... it says your contract end date... I think more details will be comming out in the next few days..

well can i?

Not with out reviewing your account.. my suggestion is to go into a verizon store and ask :) They will have to look on your account to see.

dustin4863

Reaction score
Based on the document leaked... it says your contract end date... I think more details will be comming out in the next few days..

well can i?

Not with out reviewing your account.. my suggestion is to go into a verizon store and ask :) They will have to look on your account to see.

What do you mean by looking at my account what are they going to look at?
my biggest concern is the email saying i could?

justreboot

Reaction score
well can i?

Just call vz - Since I have a primary line and work for VZ communications - I'm eligible for an annual upgrade (not ne2). Since I got the Droid in November (10th), My upgrade date would not be till then... :(

However, they said , Things may change and to check with vz or bb on 7/15 (launch date). So at current, I would say prob not...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Vulcan.. Yes you can do that. You wouldn't be using the Promo upgrade. If your son has a regular upgrade on your account then there's no issue.

What I wanna know is how the hell you guys got this promo guide 15 minutes before it reached my work email. haha

Any questions guys gimmie a shout

Whats funny here is It was more like an hour then cause I had it for a while. It had ot be edited to protect the source. So ask yourself this....how could it be more than an hour before you got it we ere preparing the post

Mojo

Reaction score
well can i?

I mean.. I cannot tell you if you qualify for it or not. If you got an email saying you could then you are probably eligible. The only way you will know for sure is to call customer service or go into yyour local Verizon store and ask if you qualify for any upgrades or early upgrade promotions. They will review your account and tell you accordingly.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I mean.. I cannot tell you if you qualify for it or not. If you got an email saying you could then you are probably eligible. The only way you will know for sure is to call customer service or go into yyour local Verizon store and ask if you qualify for any upgrades or early upgrade promotions. They will review your account and tell you accordingly.

The e-mail is generic and more than likely came from signing up on the VW site for DX info. I got it but our account is under my wife's name and e-mail due to her corporate discount.

Hudson922

Reaction score
Ok this may be a stupid question but the wording that has been used has me wondering. Everone keeps saying eligible in 2010. I upgraded to my Droid about a month and a half ago. Are they going to allow those of us who recently upgraded to upgrade again? I wouldn't bet on it but like I said the wording makes it sound like everone eligible in 2010 would be eligible.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Posted this in the X forum but figured I would here as well.

I just got off the phone with VZW and they confirmed that if your contract is up or you are eligible for an annual early upgrade in 2010 you can get the DX for the upgrade price. My anual upgrade is December 22nd so I just barely made it in.

bill.robles

Reaction score
Posted this in the X forum but figured I would here as well.

I just got off the phone with VZW and they confirmed that if your contract is up or you are eligible for an annual early upgrade in 2010 you can get the DX for the upgrade price. My anual upgrade is December 22nd so I just barely made it in.

I hope this is right! My annual upgrade is in October.

uknowme3331

Reaction score
does the line have to be the primary line? I have a secondary line that is eligible for an upgrade in september. Does that one qualify?