Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

mapexvenus

Reaction score
My current VZW contract expires in another 12 months meaning that I am not eligible for a discounted upgrade. So I will be paying full retail for the X. Does anyone know if i can extend my contract by another 2 yearn and get the X for $199?

theoneuafdter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My NE2 comes on 8-26-10 for my phone line. There are 2 lines on our acct.
I have the $39.99 450 min plan with the 5000 txt plan. I now have a Moto Droid I bought on Craigslist a few months back.
Does this make me eligible for this promo?
I would love to have the X but cannot afford to pay full retail.
Thanks!

soulpatch

Reaction score
If your NE2 is still active then you would be ok to upgrade early HOWEVER I would wait till your NE2 comes up in a month so that you are not pissing away free money...

theoneuafdter

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. We have in the past called Verizon from the store and asked if they could allow the NE2 price a month early and the have done it for us twice already.
I wonder if they will again, its only 1 month. If not I will definetly wait the month then.
Thanks again!

kckevin

Reaction score
OK, it's official. The early upgrade is CONTRACT END date. I've been turned away by both a corporate store and VZW web site with my Oct 15, 2010 upgrade date.

I might have been willing to pay full price if I could walk out the door with one in my gubby hands. The corporate store I visited was out of stock in 2 hours (I arrived around lunch time). I thought there wasn't going to be a shortage.

VZW's PR machine is really starting to tick me off.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, it's official. The early upgrade is CONTRACT END date. I've been turned away by both a corporate store and VZW web site with my Oct 15, 2010 upgrade date.

I might have been willing to pay full price if I could walk out the door with one in my gubby hands. The corporate store I visited was out of stock in 2 hours (I arrived around lunch time). I thought there wasn't going to be a shortage.

i see. thanks for the info. too bad VZ hasn't been transparent about this program, and we need to rely on half-baked leaks.

kckevin

Reaction score

I should probably clarify that I was trying to upgrade my second line on my family plan (thus not eligible for an annual upgrade) and my change some people's situation.