V6 (or V8? Supercharger script help?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'm currently, and still, running on the MIUI ROM v1.8.12 and see a lot of hype about the V6 or V8 Supercharger script. I went ahead and downloaded the Script from the market and downloaded the Update version 8 (V8) Supercharger from zep's Supercharger thread. This is the first time I'm messing with this. I've used Imoseyon's tweaks before but it never stuck so I stopped using it. However, I followed zep's instruction to use his Supercharger script, which includes disabling Superuser permission, and other stuff.

I decided to go with Multi-tasking option and it started running it through but I noticed that it kept saying permission denied when zep's Supercharger script was trying to run the script and regroup everything. I rebooted and tried again but still see permission denied.

Has anyone successfully got this going? Would you mind sharing what I've got to do to allow the script to have permission to write those folders and do what it needs to do?

pressguy27

Reaction score
I'm running and its works great. I did notice that you can't run imoseyon tweaks with it or the minfree values will not stick. I wouldn't denied su permission cause it need to run script as root.

Edit: I also run the script using script manager.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7

Last edited:
OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ok, that doesn't help me. I already know that.

pressguy27

Reaction score
In script manager you need to go the config settings and select browse as root, then run as root for the script and it should work. Also make sure you busy box verison is 1.8.2 or lower

Edit sorry for not answering the question right, got side track when reading post

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hmmm, then I don't know why zep would say to do this as his instruction...

1. Download the attached V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.zip and extract the script to your sdcard.
... Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!
2. Load the script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android.sh) into Script Manager and select "Run as Root."
3. Touch the screen for the soft keyboard or slide out the keyboard and get SuperCharged! Just pick an option!
4. READ the script's output!
5. Afterwards, READ the html HELP FILE in the root of your SD Card!
6. Disable "Lock Home in Memory" if your ROM has this option.
7. Optional: For a quick status check, you can put a Script Manager widget for V6 SuperCharger on you desktop

Notice how he states "select Run as boot" I'm confused here.

pressguy27

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I know that I select "run as root" and it works. I know that zepp states not to "run at boot" maybe that what is goofing you up?

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ahhh yes. I kept going to Run as Boot.

What would be a good option though? I tried Multi-tasking and didn't see a difference once I rebooted.

pressguy27

Reaction score
I have tried the multi-tasking and it seem to work fine, but I have been using the first aggressive setting and it seem to make my phone a little snappier and smoother.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WADt5tK6Ths]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADt5tK6Ths&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This video helped me get it going. Been using it for a while now.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I tried Multi-tasking and didn't notice any changes. Tried Balanced 3 and still don't see any changes in performance. Everything was done correctly after my mistake. I'm not using anything else like Imoseyon's tweaks, Jrummy's Overclocking (or any overclocking for that matter), and anything else that may hamper the need for it to change and take effect. It says it's running but just don't even really notice anything different.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been on option 9 (min free #2). I told myself id give it a week to see if there was a difference in either battery life or performance.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

papp_e

Reaction score
hey guysssss, wanna post link to V6 thread that you are all woo-hooing about? Im gonna give it a shot. I did it on liberty GB before and didnt really notice a change at all either, but Im now curious to try it on MIUI

thebird36

Reaction score
i did it to chevy ss and it's snappier lol now my next thought is... do we do the same thing for the 98kickasskernal and 3g turbocharger?

jmlwanga88

Reaction score
Have any of you had success with the 3G Turbocharger script? Every time I try any of his links to it, it disables my wifi (gives me an error).

thebird36

Reaction score
i havent tried it yet idk if i want to just yet im not sure how to put them on i would assume the same way