V6 supercharged script. Wow

meishkov

Reaction score
So I went to xda forums. Found the v 6 supercharged script. I installed script manager. Ran the script as root With option 8 and option 12. No fc on my phone camera works fine everything is fast like it use to be with froyo. Time will tell but it seems to really have changed my phone's performance for the better
Auto memory manager is no longer needed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Quick note-= Ran stock camera a few times no reboots (as it used to) Facebook, back to home screen is fast, email both gmail and email working fine. I run 3 partitions (14GB fat32, 500mb fat32, and 500mb ext2, I used mini tool partition wizard [free app] to change partitions without formatting my sd card) , swapper2 app with 64MB of swap space and 30% swappiness on ext2 (3rd partition) , link2sd with most apps on the 2nd partition fat32. stock kernal set for interactive on all modes. So far this is the absolute best MIUI GB has ever run on my droid 1.

I really wanted to make partitions on my sd WITHOUT formatting it. Seems like everyone who makes partitions just ends up copying everything from their SD to their PC then back once it's formatted. But when I try to transfer it always gets stuck. I have minitool on win7 and have just toyed with it, haven't gone through with it.

So you have just a 500mb partition that you use for link2sd and apps and a 500mb ext2 for swap. I thought you're suppose to just create a separate SWAP partition all together by itself?? Just a 64MB swap partition, and that that uses the swap file. And the ext2/3/4 (not sure what the difference between them is) partition is suppose to be used for link2sd and apps and what not?? Just with normal ROMs seems like everyone says to just format the SD, make a 1024MB ext partition, and a 64MB swap partition. Now I'm confused:)

hixie5

Reaction score
WOW is right. Just applied script on MIUI 5.13 running deprimed kernel and difference is very noticeable. Big increase in speed and smoothness. Also noticed increase RAM available.

Good find, THANKS!!!! :biggrin:

Tepes

Reaction score
I tried different variations of searching for this "mini tool partition wizard " on the market and the only thing I seemed to come up with is the links2sd app. Is this one in the same? I would like to be able to set up partitions without having to move my info to pc, format and move back. I know I have the space on my card to get it done. Is there some other name I should be searching for that app under?

I have to say though, having just run the script and done the initial tweaks of setting to interactive and turning off the lock home in memory feature, I am already noticing a speed improvement :)

EDIT: A previous problem I dealt with has returned. After having done the steps of running the script, option 8, option 12 reboot, everything seemed fine. I went to plug my phone into my computer and the circle just keeps going but it never mounts to pc. I think this revolves around the script creating a swapfile.swp on my sd card since the last time I had this issue, it also revoled around a swap file being created. Is there any way to work around this? For options 8 and 12, is that swap file neccessary or was it built there with the thought that a swap file would be needed for something else? Would love to have the speed and smoothness, but mounting to the pc is pretty important :(

Last edited:

rafiki1

Reaction score
I tried different variations of searching for this "mini tool partition wizard " on the market and the only thing I seemed to come up with is the links2sd app. Is this one in the same? I would like to be able to set up partitions without having to move my info to pc, format and move back. I know I have the space on my card to get it done. Is there some other name I should be searching for that app under?

I have to say though, having just run the script and done the initial tweaks of setting to interactive and turning off the lock home in memory feature, I am already noticing a speed improvement :)

EDIT: A previous problem I dealt with has returned. After having done the steps of running the script, option 8, option 12 reboot, everything seemed fine. I went to plug my phone into my computer and the circle just keeps going but it never mounts to pc. I think this revolves around the script creating a swapfile.swp on my sd card since the last time I had this issue, it also revoled around a swap file being created. Is there any way to work around this? For options 8 and 12, is that swap file neccessary or was it built there with the thought that a swap file would be needed for something else? Would love to have the speed and smoothness, but mounting to the pc is pretty important :(

Minitool isn't an android app. You download it on your computer and use it to create the partitions on your sdcard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
so what setting is everyone on thats running V6? kernel and gov too?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am on the 1.5.13 MIUI with V6 Scripts #8 and #11 I believe. I was on stock kernel, however I flashed the new ChevyNo1 1.0 ULV kernel and this thing is snappy as all snappyness.

I do however have one issue. My wifi always gives me an error when turning it on. I am super impressed with this ChevyNo1 kernel, but I hope it didnt break the wifi. I flashed 2 verisons of the kernel, same issue with both, even had the same issue on 1.5.20...

doublea500

Reaction score
when i flash a new kernel do i have to redo the v6 script?

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
Mini tool download.

So I went to xda forums. Found the v 6 supercharged script. I installed script manager. Ran the script as root With option 8 and option 12. No fc on my phone camera works fine everything is fast like it use to be with froyo. Time will tell but it seems to really have changed my phone's performance for the better
Auto memory manager is no longer needed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Quick note-= Ran stock camera a few times no reboots (as it used to) Facebook, back to home screen is fast, email both gmail and email working fine. I run 3 partitions (14GB fat32, 500mb fat32, and 500mb ext2, I used mini tool partition wizard [free app] to change partitions without formatting my sd card) , swapper2 app with 64MB of swap space and 30% swappiness on ext2 (3rd partition) , link2sd with most apps on the 2nd partition fat32. stock kernal set for interactive on all modes. So far this is the absolute best MIUI GB has ever run on my droid 1.

I really wanted to make partitions on my sd WITHOUT formatting it. Seems like everyone who makes partitions just ends up copying everything from their SD to their PC then back once it's formatted. But when I try to transfer it always gets stuck. I have minitool on win7 and have just toyed with it, haven't gone through with it.

So you have just a 500mb partition that you use for link2sd and apps and a 500mb ext2 for swap. I thought you're suppose to just create a separate SWAP partition all together by itself?? Just a 64MB swap partition, and that that uses the swap file. And the ext2/3/4 (not sure what the difference between them is) partition is suppose to be used for link2sd and apps and what not?? Just with normal ROMs seems like everyone says to just format the SD, make a 1024MB ext partition, and a 64MB swap partition. Now I'm confused:)
HERES YOUR LINK~~~~~~

Free Download Magic Partition Manager Software - Partition Wizard Online
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
is where you can get the tool. No format needed. It does it all on the fly.

I ran a fat32 partition as my second and a ext2 as third. Fat32 since I was fairly certain the swaper2 app would not try to use it. ext2 VS ext3 I know some roms do not like ext3 though it is more stable (per linux forums) I did a 500 mb partition but set swapper2 for 64MB leaving wasted space. I know I could have made a 100mb or closer to 64, I didn't. But I am not using the 500MB ext2 space.

Links2SD on the first startup will ask for your partition type.. Select FAT32 (if you did that) and then reboot. Then re go into app and it will work and you have access to that partition.

The PC USB issue I think is more kernel/ROM related than this. Having partitions has nothing to do with the PC mounting your phone. It mounts the first partition only anyways. I have to turn off USB DEBUGGING and it mounts PERFECTLY. i simply turn on debugging after I upload my files.

Been playing with the swap thing a bit, not 100% convinced it makes anything faster, just less FC's. I wonder if it makes it slower to be honest, but it may be COMPACHE and swapper are just to much for my overworked processor to deal with. I need to remove compache altogether and run just the swap to know for certain. Heading to Gran Cayman till June7th so wont be thinking or working on anything till then.

If your worried about the whole partition thing backup prior to your PC.
The link2SD thing really frees up space on your phone. And it lets you have A TON of APPS.

Just changed to Alfonso's GB kernel. (so far not alot different from the stock other than top speed settings)

Going to play with deprimes kernels after trip and try out his scripts that go with it. Will post something on findings and speeds. (not just its fast but something concrete)

chewy74

Reaction score
I think its teh script that breaks the wifi. I ran the script on 1.5.20 an dwifi brok shortly after. I reverted back and wifi was working again...it might be the part of teh script that modifys the kernel thats breaking it

If you upgrade to the most current version, I think its already set to option #8 vaules in the build.prop out of box

or just undo the kernel tweak with the v6 script if you dont want to upgrade miui builds
I am on the 1.5.13 MIUI with V6 Scripts #8 and #11 I believe. I was on stock kernel, however I flashed the new ChevyNo1 1.0 ULV kernel and this thing is snappy as all snappyness.

I do however have one issue. My wifi always gives me an error when turning it on. I am super impressed with this ChevyNo1 kernel, but I hope it didnt break the wifi. I flashed 2 verisons of the kernel, same issue with both, even had the same issue on 1.5.20...

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
chewy74 - Well thats a bummer, thanks for the info tho. I will see what I can do...

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Kernel tweaks is merely the following 4 entries:

oom_kill_allocating_task = 0 < linux default which is more mutitasking friendly than 1 which is what most roms use
panic_on_oom = 0 < less likely to reboot when you don't want it to. Usually roms have it set to 1
panic_on_oops = 1 < most roms have this setting anyway
panic = 0 < don't panic its all gonna be ok :p

Doubt any of that would effect wifi

Sent from my Milestone Powered by my V6 SuperCharger

chewy74

Reaction score
You're right its not the script... I tried two different kernel (chevy and deprimed) and WiFi was broken on both without v6 running. Seems all kernels so far except the one packaged in the ROM is breaking WiFi for me.

Sorry for saying it was the script before testing more thoroughly

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats ok.
What haapened anyway i thought you had everthing working great even Netflix

meishkov

Reaction score
I ran a fat32 partition as my second and a ext2 as third. Fat32 since I was fairly certain the swaper2 app would not try to use it. ext2 VS ext3 I know some roms do not like ext3 though it is more stable (per linux forums) I did a 500 mb partition but set swapper2 for 64MB leaving wasted space. I know I could have made a 100mb or closer to 64, I didn't. But I am not using the 500MB ext2 space.

Links2SD on the first startup will ask for your partition type.. Select FAT32 (if you did that) and then reboot. Then re go into app and it will work and you have access to that partition.

The PC USB issue I think is more kernel/ROM related than this. Having partitions has nothing to do with the PC mounting your phone. It mounts the first partition only anyways. I have to turn off USB DEBUGGING and it mounts PERFECTLY. i simply turn on debugging after I upload my files.

Been playing with the swap thing a bit, not 100% convinced it makes anything faster, just less FC's. I wonder if it makes it slower to be honest, but it may be COMPACHE and swapper are just to much for my overworked processor to deal with. I need to remove compache altogether and run just the swap to know for certain. Heading to Gran Cayman till June7th so wont be thinking or working on anything till then.

If your worried about the whole partition thing backup prior to your PC.
The link2SD thing really frees up space on your phone. And it lets you have A TON of APPS.

Just changed to Alfonso's GB kernel. (so far not alot different from the stock other than top speed settings)

Going to play with deprimes kernels after trip and try out his scripts that go with it. Will post something on findings and speeds. (not just its fast but something concrete)

Thanks for the response, and info! Gran Cayman oh man, what a trip. Ok, what I did in minitool was just created a 1024MB ext3 partition, and just a 64MB swap partition that's it, both primary of course. Swapper2 is being used to manage it, but I found a script I think that'll take care of it. I was under the impression that the ext2 or 3 or 4 partition is what is used for link2sd and moving the apps and cache, dalvik, and lib files. Could be why when I first start-up Link2sd and it asks which partition, when I select the ext3, which I created in minitool, it says "Cannot create script"

So if creating a 500mb fat32 partition is used for using link2sd and everything, then what are the ext2/3/4 partitions used for? Dang it, I thought I had this friggin' thing all figured out:)

chewy74

Reaction score
That was on pe6 I'm on miui right now hahaha

I'm a flash-a-holic