V cast messages app....(w/ reply all)

jmau808

Reaction score
I know some have commented about this app, the market says its not compatible with our gnex. I did have it for awhile on my phone but after rooting and wiping, now it doesn't show up in my market.

My question is... Is there anyway to sideload the apk? And if so, does any body have a file for it?

the app as a general texting app worked most of the time, but it really shined with group texting..... meaning you could reply to all in a group text setting... Something you can't do with chomp, go, or handsent.......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that it helps but the stock sms app also does group texting and reply to all. I don't know if it is an android thing or just Motorola but it works between me, my wife, and my two daughters when we want to keep each other up to speed with any news or whatever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
J

jmau808

Reaction score
Might be a razr / Motorola thing.. the stock nexus one doesn't have the reply all feature... actually must be a Motorola thing...

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't sure. I actually never noticed before until I wanted to send my wife (droid3) and my daughters ( DX and OG) a text. It then told me it was a group message which I didn't even bother reading the pop up and just said ok. Well my wife just hit reply like she always does after reading the text and it went to all of us. Pretty nifty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
J

jmau808

Reaction score
Yeah most other texting apps, including the common after market ones when you hit reply it'll only go to the sender and not everybody in the thread.. the reply ask is an iphone thing mainly just don't know why android hasn't caught on.

You should check out the "verizon messages" app. kind of ugly ui but in group texts it actually has a toggle for group text to... Reply to sender / or reply to all... nice little option.

Friends of mine with iphones sometimes don't like that they're reply goes back Tui everybody.