Using Razr as Music player over Ipod

Reaction score
Thinking about dropping a 32gig SDcard in the Razr and use that over my IPOD cause i am out of space. Has anyone used the stock music player on the Razr? Or should i just stick with the ipod. ima transfer a song over and try out the razr player but asking those who use it now. pros / cons?Thanks

adavis609

Reaction score
I use poweramp with mine and love it. Takes some time to get used to but it's nice using one device for everything. The eq in poweramp is also fantastic; you can increase the output volume of the razr and change the entire sound with presets or manually

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
You can also upload your music to Google Music and stream your music with the Google Music app.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an ipod touch that I haven't used since I got my DX. A good equalizer makes it sound way better than the ipod.

X

SallyC

Reaction score
I rarely use my iPod anymore for Mp3s.

Also have a 32gb card and use Google Music, although mostly I stream from their cloud. I like the player though.

OP
D
Reaction score
How much data does that use when streaming? Didnt think about it but i could MOTOCast to home PC also but i had to lose my unlimited data and have the 4Gb package. i workout everyday for about hour and half so thats alot of streaming/data. @SallyC - What 32Gig card did you get? I been looking on newegg for Class 10 32gig and they average around 44 bucks or so. They got speeds posted of 11MB a sec, 16gig card in phone with antutu gave me speed of like 19MB or something..I just tried stock music app with my bluetooth headphones and it worked fine so kool there.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have two different 32gb class 10 cards, one for a camera and one for my phone. One is a PNY and one a Transcend. Currently on Amazon they are $45 and $39, respectively. They both work well for recording movies or other times when you want maximum access speed.

I've never paid attention to how much data I use when streaming but Verizon's "How much data do I need?" page says one hr/day streaming uses about 1.76gb/month.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Having a Droid completely negates the need for an iPod. Carrying two devices is so 2007. :biggrin:

As someone else said, spend the $5 and get PowerAMP.

SallyC

Reaction score
As someone else said, spend the $5 and get PowerAMP.

Curious why you like PoweAMP? I've never used it as I've been happy with Google Music, but it's obviously a popular program. Does it stream from Google Music by any chance?

nikecar

Reaction score
I rarely use my iPod anymore for Mp3s.

Also have a 32gb card and use Google Music, although mostly I stream from their cloud. I like the player though.

As soon as I got my phone, the iPod went straight to the wife/kids. No need to carry both.

How much data does that use when streaming? Didnt think about it but i could MOTOCast to home PC also but i had to lose my unlimited data and have the 4Gb package. i workout everyday for about hour and half so thats alot of streaming/data. @SallyC - What 32Gig card did you get? I been looking on newegg for Class 10 32gig and they average around 44 bucks or so. They got speeds posted of 11MB a sec, 16gig card in phone with antutu gave me speed of like 19MB or something..I just tried stock music app with my bluetooth headphones and it worked fine so kool there.

I use GM myself and love it, HOWEVER, the darned thing is a data hog. the first month it came out, I upload my music to it, which is a fairly slow process on your PC, and went to town listening. in 10 days, I was at 1.5GB, which was the most I had used. I ended the month at almost 5GB. I will stream for about 1hr roughly each day M-F while I drive to work and walk from the remote lot. When I didn' tuse GM my useage would be low. Play GM and it zoomed up. I used DI.fm before and it wasn't a data hog.

So be aware. I haven't used it that much lately so in 10 days, I'm about 1GB so far.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Curious why you like PoweAMP? I've never used it as I've been happy with Google Music, but it's obviously a popular program. Does it stream from Google Music by any chance?
I've never looked into streaming options, so I couldn't comment. What I can say about PowerAMP, is it is as feature rich a MP3 player as you could hope for. It's got a ton of options. I am not a fan of streaming. I prefer the fidelity of a higher bit rate (I rip at 320Kbps) and use high end ear buds. I also don't want to worry about buffering and such from streaming.

For what it's worth, I believe there's a free version of PowerAMP, if you want to take it for a spin.

Zandar

Reaction score
I use Google Music, but I rarely stream with it. You can use the Google Music app to play tunes from your device.

rherron

Reaction score
Does PowerAMP support gapless playback? Will it play AAC?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eddie7

Reaction score
What class is the 16g SD that comes in the RAZR? I have a class 4 32g I was going to install. Is there a certain class that should be used?

raulg

Reaction score
I was in the exact spot as you... my ipod broke and i decided that i was gonna use my razr phone as an mp3 player for the gym... Being in the military i have to keep in shape so i run about 8 miles every other day.... listening to music the whole time...

I bought a 64gb sandisk micro sd and I also bought the PlayerPro app from the marketplace and it has been perfect for the gym...

It was a great decision i made. I like how while im running i can just swipe the whole screen to change the song instead of trying to touch the next button which can be a pain when your bouncing up and down from running.... Also I like the eq on the player pro and being able to amplify the sound...

I had PowerAmp for the longest but it is not as good as player pro in my opinion... Its more plain and not as good looking to me... Player Pro looks great and i like how they have all the artist cover for my 59 gb of music and the whole grid look....

Also i sync my music from Itunes with ISyncr which is in the market...